View 2014 GMC Acadia Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding better insurance prices for a GMC Acadia can normally be a lot of work, but you can use these tips and make it easy.
There is a better way to buy auto insurance and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a GMC and obtain the best price possible from local insurance agents and online providers.
How to Get Insurance Coverage
Most major insurance companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm quote insurance quotes on the web. The process is pretty easy as you just enter your required coverages as detailed in the form. Once you submit the form, the system makes automated requests for information on your driving record and credit history and gives you a price quote based on these factors.
Being able to quote online helps simplify price comparisons, but the work required to visit each company’s website and repetitively type in the same information can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get the lowest insurance coverage rates.
Quote rates the easy way
A more efficient way to lower your insurance coverage bill makes use of a single form that obtains quotes from several different companies. The form is fast, eliminates repetitive work, and makes comparison shopping much more enjoyable and efficient. After sending the form, it gets priced and you can choose any of the price quotes you receive.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, it’s easy to complete the application and buy the new coverage. It only takes a few minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you replicate deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you will get a rate comparison for exact coverage.
Do drivers who switch really save $381 a year?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads that promise big savings from companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies make the same claim that you’ll save big if you move your policy.
But how can every company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
Different companies can use profiling for the right customer they prefer to insure. For instance, a driver they prefer could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A driver who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who fall outside the “perfect” profile will be charged a more expensive rate and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads state “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way insurance companies can advertise the way they do.
That is why you absolutely need to quote coverage with many companies. You cannot predict the company that will give you the biggest savings on GMC Acadia insurance.
Factors that can influence GMC Acadia insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that play a part in calculating your insurance rates. Understanding what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that can waste your money when buying insurance. Coverages like roadside assistance, accident forgiveness and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment at first, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – A driver’s credit score is a big factor in calculating your insurance rates. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit rating is low, you could be paying less to insure your 2014 GMC Acadia by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Drive less and save money – The more miles you rack up on your GMC in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies apply a rate based on their usage. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Ask your agent if your insurance policy shows how each vehicle is driven. Incorrect usage on your Acadia may be costing you.
- More claims means more premium – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies generally give lower rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Auto insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Mature drivers pay less – More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel. Youthful drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when driving therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- Liability coverage protects you – Liability insurance is the protection if ever a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. Liability provides legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Poor driving leads to higher costs – Just one moving violation may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have flagrant citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If the GMC Acadia earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there are discounts available that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before you will receive the discount. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% on Acadia insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less on Acadia insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Resident Student – Kids in college who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new cars.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
A partial list of companies that may have some of the above discounts are:
- American Family
- Farm Bureau
- State Farm
- The Hartford
Double check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not apply in every state.
What coverages do I need?
When it comes to choosing coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- What if I total my 2014 GMC Acadia and owe more than it’s worth?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2014 GMC Acadia?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Insurance policy coverages for a GMC Acadia
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for doctor visits, EMT expenses, nursing services, ambulance fees and X-ray expenses. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Most of the time these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from flooding, damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird and hitting a deer. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for liability – Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things like emergency aid, medical services, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Acadia from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with a tree, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox, driving through your garage door and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
One last thing about your coverage
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent or high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
When shopping online for insurance, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Affordable 2014 GMC Acadia insurance is definitely available online in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area