Cheapest 2014 Ford Taurus Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest car insurance rates for your Ford Taurus? Are you sick and tired of trying to scrape together enough money to pay your car insurance bill each month? You are no different than millions of other consumers.
Many auto insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies to get the best rates possible.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to save some money using this strategy. Choosing the best insurance company for you is not rocket science. But car owners need to learn the methods companies use to compete online because it can help you find the best coverage.
The fastest way that we advise to compare insurance rates in your area utilizes the fact almost all companies actually pay money for the chance to compare their rates. All consumers are required to do is give them some information like whether you are single or married, distance driven, your general credit rating, and if you require a SR-22. That rating information is instantly submitted to many highly-rated insurers and you receive quotes with very little delay.
To start a rate quote now, click here and complete the form.
You probably qualify for some discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Drivers Education – Have your child enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations could trigger savings on auto insurance for Taurus insurance.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Taurus insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are attending college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Ford could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
Insurance companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
Double check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Savings might not apply in your state.
Factors determining your Ford Taurus insurance premium
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that go into determining car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that could result in big savings.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine premiums.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Ford Taurus scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Whether or not you get tickets has a huge affect on how much you pay. Only having one moving violation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers with flagrant tickets like DUI or reckless driving are required to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
- An active claims history can cost you – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies generally give cheaper rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Liability coverage will protect you when a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. It will provide for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your Ford. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be a windshield shattered by a rock, vandalism, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive for Taurus insurance.
- Pay less if you’re married – Getting married can actually save you money on your policy. It usually means you are more mature and responsible and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
There’s no such thing as the perfect policy
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Does my 2014 Ford Taurus need full coverage?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm consistently run ads on TV and radio. They all seem to make the same claim that you can save if you change your coverage to them. How does each company say the same thing? This is how they do it.
All companies can use profiling for the type of driver that is profitable for them. A good example of a desirable insured could be over the age of 40, owns a home, and has a high credit rating. A customer who fits that profile is entitled to the best price and as a result will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who don’t meet the requirements must pay higher prices and ends up with business not being written. The ads say “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. This is how companies can state the savings.
This illustrates why you absolutely need to compare many company’s rates. Because you never know which company will fit your personal profile best.
Coverages available on your policy
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to people or other property. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims like attorney fees, loss of income, pain and suffering and court costs. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible.
This pays for damage to your Taurus resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Ford Taurus.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Usually the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses like chiropractic care, EMT expenses, pain medications and ambulance fees. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as a broken windshield, theft and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Money doesn’t grow on trees
Discount 2014 Ford Taurus insurance is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
When shopping online for auto insurance, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Much more information about auto insurance is located on the following sites:
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area