Cheapest 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 24, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Feel like you’re a prisoner to an overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me when I say there are a lot of people just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy. Many car insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and uncover the absolute cheapest price
It’s a great practice to check car insurance prices on a regular basis because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the lowest rates on Silverado coverage a few years ago a different company probably has better rates today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate one of the best ways to buy cheaper car insurance.
Quick Auto Insurance Quotes
Lowering your 2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 auto insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. Just take time getting comparison quotes online from several insurance companies. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
- Probably the best way to compare a lot of rates at once is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This method eliminates the need for boring form submissions for every auto insurance company. Completing one form gets you price quotes from several companies.
- Another way to obtain and compare quotes online requires a visit to each individual company website and fill out their own quote form. For instance, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from GEICO, Safeco and Travelers. To get rate quotes you would need to go to every website and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
- The most time-consuming way of getting rate comparisons is to drive around to local insurance agencies. Shopping for auto insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the trained guidance that only a license agent can provide. You can, however, price shop online and still use a local agent.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make darn sure you compare apples-to-apples coverage limits for each comparison quote. If you are comparing differing limits it’s not possible to determine which rate is truly the best.
Take advantage of discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but a few must be manually applied in order for you to get them. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Chevy can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
Car insurance companies who might offer some of the above discounts are:
- Farmers Insurance
- Farm Bureau
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
Check with every prospective company how you can save money. Discounts may not apply in your state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How to know if you need help
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- What is the ISO rating for a 2014 Chevy Silverado 1500?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Don’t listen to company ads
Consumers can’t get away from ads for car insurance savings from the likes of GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the ads say the same thing that you can save if you change your coverage to them.
How can each company make the same claim?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For instance, a preferred risk might be over the age of 50, is a homeowner, and has great credit. Any new insured who matches those parameters receives the best rates and most likely will cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who don’t meet the “perfect” profile must pay a higher premium and this can result in business not being written. The ads state “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save that kind of money. That’s the way companies can truthfully claim big savings.
This illustrates why it is so important to get as many comparisons as possible. It’s impossible to know the company that will provide you with the cheapest Chevy Silverado 1500 insurance rates.
Detailed coverages of your insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Liability auto insurance – Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims like emergency aid, court costs, attorney fees and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like hitting a deer, vandalism, theft, rock chips in glass and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical costs insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses like EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses, doctor visits, ambulance fees and pain medications. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Collision – This covers damage to your Silverado 1500 from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
UM/UIM Coverage – This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Chevy Silverado 1500.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
More effort can pay off
In this article, we covered many tips how you can reduce 2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the most savings is with a small mutual company. Some small companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Discount insurance can be found online as well as from independent agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area