Cheapest 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Have you fallen victim to an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me when I say many consumers feel financially strained by their car insurance policy.
Many insurers compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies to find the lowest cost out there.
You should make it a habit to compare prices occasionally since insurance rates go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Camaro coverage on your last policy you may be paying too much now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding car insurance online, so with this article, you’re going to get the best ways to slash your car insurance rates.
How to reduce Chevy Camaro insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every discount very well, so we took the time to find both the well known as well as the least known auto insurance savings.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may qualify for a discount up to 10% on Camaro coverage.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies will give a small break just for signing your application on their website.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of insurers with discount auto insurance rates, follow this link.
How to Compare Insurance Costs
There are several ways of comparing price quotes from insurance companies in your area. The fastest way to compare 2014 Chevy Camaro insurance prices is to use the internet to compare rates. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The best way to compare a lot of rates at once is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This easy form eliminates the need for multiple quote forms for each company. One form will get you price quotes instantly.
- A more difficult way to compare prices requires a visit to each company website to complete their respective quote request forms. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from Nationwide, Esurance and Allstate. You would have to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The least recommended method to get comparison rates is to waste gas driving to local insurance agencies. The internet has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a need for the professional advice only provided by licensed agents. Drivers can price shop online but still have the advice of a local agent and we’ll cover that in a bit.
Whichever method you choose, compare apples-to-apples coverage information with each company. If your comparisons have different deductibles it will be very difficult to determine the lowest rate for your Chevy Camaro. Slightly different coverages may result in large price differences. And when price shopping your coverage, comparing more company’s prices gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate.
Chevy Camaro insurance rates consist of many parts
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine your insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Where you live – Being located in a rural area is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Higher commute times means more change of being in an accident.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance coverage. Anti-theft devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- Always keep insurance in force – Allowing your insurance coverage policy to lapse will be a sure-fire way to increase your insurance coverage rates. And not only will your rates increase, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state DMV.
- Frequent insurance coverage claims increase rates – If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies provide lower rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are a lot of additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your insurance coverage policy. Things like personal injury protection, accidental death and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are worse drivers. They both have accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Liability coverage is cheap – The liability section of your policy is the protection in the event that you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Many insurance companies will award you with lower prices to people who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, you may still want to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying adequate coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Is my 2014 Chevy Camaro covered for smoke damage?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Don’t be fooled by advertising claims
Allstate, GEICO and Progressive regularly use ads on TV and radio. All the companies make the same claim that you’ll save big if you move your policy. How do they all say the same thing?
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the driver they prefer to insure. A good example of a preferred risk might be profiled as over the age of 50, has no driving citations, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A propective insured who fits that profile will get very good rates and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Drivers who don’t qualify for this ideal profile will be charged a more expensive rate which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much. That’s the way companies can state the savings. That is why it’s extremely important to get as many comparisons as possible. Because you never know which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest Chevy Camaro insurance rates.
Educate yourself about insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses such as dental work, EMT expenses and hospital visits. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like funeral expenses, medical expenses, emergency aid, legal defense fees and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Chevy Camaro.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage, a broken windshield and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage covers damage to your Camaro caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as colliding with a tree, crashing into a building and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Saving money is sweet as honey
When you buy insurance online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to save on 2014 Chevy Camaro insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the lowest premiums are with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the following sites:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area