Cheapest 2013 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one in their right mind looks forward to paying for car insurance, in particular when they are paying too much.
You have so many insurers to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to get the best deal.
Discounts to lower Volkswagen Beetle Convertible insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise all their discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the harder-to-find insurance savings.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Memberships – Participating in a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your policy for Beetle Convertible coverage.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% for Beetle Convertible coverage depending on your company.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts are:
Check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply in your state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the best insurance coverage coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions could help you determine if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Who is covered when they drive my 2013 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Does my 2013 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible qualify for pleasure use?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area.
The coverage is in the details
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses such as chiropractic care, hospital visits and nursing services. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Beetle Convertible resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a building and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Auto liability insurance
This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things such as court costs, funeral expenses and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Volkswagen Beetle Convertible.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Comprehensive car insurance
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like a broken windshield, fire damage and hitting a deer. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
A tidy conclusion
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper 2013 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible insurance can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
More tips and info about insurance coverage can be read at these sites:
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area