Cheapest 2014 Volkswagen Beetle Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 27, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper auto insurance rates for your Volkswagen Beetle? If you’re new to shopping for auto insurance online, you may be overwhelmed by the vast number of auto insurance companies all offering big savings.
It’s a great practice to do rate comparisons once or twice a year because rates trend upward over time. Just because you found the lowest rates for Beetle insurance a few years ago you will most likely find a better rate today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding auto insurance online but we’re going to give you a bunch of ideas how to quit paying high auto insurance rates.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is quite easy. If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to save some money using these techniques. But consumers must understand how big insurance companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
How to Compare Car Insurance Quotes
There are a variety of methods to compare 2014 Volkswagen Beetle car insurance quotes, but there is one way that is more efficient than others. You can spend your afternoon talking about coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you could use online quotes for quick rates.
The majority of car insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace where prospective buyers submit their information once, and each participating company returns a rated price for coverage. This system prevents you from having to do quote requests to each individual car insurance company.
To compare 2014 Volkswagen Beetle rates using this form now click here (opens in new window).
One minor caviat to doing it this way is that consumers can’t choose the insurers you want pricing from. So if you prefer to pick specific providers to compare rates, we have assembled a list of the cheapest car insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
Whichever way you use, be sure to compare identical coverage limits with every price quote. If you use mixed coverages it will be next to impossible to truly determine the lowest rate. Having just a slight variation in coverages may result in large price differences. And when comparison shopping, getting more free quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best price.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
Car insurance companies do not advertise all available discounts very clearly, so here is a list some of the more common and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts until age 25.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may be able to get reduced rates for Beetle insurance.
- College Student – Kids in college who attend school more than 100 miles from home and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts, click here to view.
Elements that influence Volkswagen Beetle insurance rates
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that help determine your insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower insurance coverage prices.
The following are some of the items insurance coverage companies consider when setting prices.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend before your insurance coverage pays a claim. Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive for Beetle insurance.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Safer cars get lower rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If the Volkswagen Beetle earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- No coverage gaps is important – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a misdemeanor and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Being married can save on insurance coverage – Having a spouse can actually save you money when buying insurance coverage. Having a spouse means you’re more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Where you reside plays a part – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas can save you money when insuring your vehicles. City drivers regularly have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer people means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more you drive in a year the higher your rates will be. Most companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Improper usage on your Beetle can cost quite a bit. Make sure your insurance coverage policy properly reflects the correct driver usage.
Situations that might require an agent
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions might point out if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Don’t believe everything you hear
Companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive consistently run ads in print and on television. All the ads make an identical promise that you’ll save big if you change to them. But how can every company claim to save you money?
All companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that makes them money. For instance, a profitable customer might be profiled as over the age of 40, owns a home, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who don’t qualify for this ideal profile will be quoted more money and ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. This is how companies can truthfully state the savings. This emphasizes why you should quote coverage with many companies. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest Volkswagen Beetle insurance rates.
What car insurance coverages do you need?
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer and vandalism. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like backing into a parked car, crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Volkswagen Beetle.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills for EMT expenses, surgery, rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs and chiropractic care. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Online plus local equals savings
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching insurance coverage companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price.
Discount 2014 Volkswagen Beetle insurance is available both online and with local insurance agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
More information can be read below:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area