View 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan Car Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 2, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Overwhelmed by the dozens of insurance company choices? Many other consumers are too. There are so many choices that it can turn into a real challenge to find lower rates.
Compare Insurance Coverage Today
To find the best insurance coverage prices, there are several ways of comparing price quotes from different insurance companies. The best way to find competitive 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to get the best comparison quotes is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This method keeps you from doing separate quotes to each individual insurance coverage company. In just a few minutes this one form compares rates from all major companies.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- Another way to compare rate quotes is to manually visit each company website to complete their respective quote request forms. For instance, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from Progressive, Farmers and GMAC. To find out each rate you need to go to every website to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is more popular.For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make sure you use identical coverage limits and deductibles with every price quote. If you are comparing different liability limits you can’t possibly make a fair comparison for your Dodge Grand Caravan. Just a small difference in limits may cause a big price difference. And when quoting insurance coverage, remember that having more price comparisons provides better odds of finding better pricing.
Pieces of the Dodge Grand Caravan insurance rate puzzle
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Knowing what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in big savings.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you will pay for insurance coverage. Almost all companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles left parked in the garage receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An improperly rated Grand Caravan may be wasting your money. Make sure your insurance coverage declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Frequent insurance coverage claims increase rates – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies award cheaper rates to people who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are quite a few add-on coverages you can purchase on your insurance coverage policy. Things like roadside assistance, better glass coverage and membership fees are examples of these. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Your insurance coverage rates can be influenced by your job – Occupations like doctors, social workers and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates in part from high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. Other occupations like farmers, historians and the unemployed pay the least on Grand Caravan coverage.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list every discount very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the more common as well as the least known car insurance savings.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies give discounts for switching to them before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for all your vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts compared to bad drivers.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military can result in better rates.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house can help you save on car insurance because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount car insurance rates, click here to view.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When buying adequate coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Auto insurance specifics
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision – Collision coverage pays for damage to your Grand Caravan caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, rolling your car, crashing into a building and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability coverage – This can cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims like emergency aid, bail bonds and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical expense coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses like nursing services, hospital visits, rehabilitation expenses and pain medications. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive protection – This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as hitting a bird, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage and a broken windshield. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Buy online or local, you save
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, being labeled a high risk driver, denial of a claim and lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Cost effective 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan insurance is available both online as well as from independent agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some companies don’t offer online quoting and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
When you buy insurance online, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area