Cheapest 2013 Cadillac CTS Coupe Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 8, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you intimidated by the crazy number of auto insurance choices? You’re not alone. Consumers have so many options available that it can easily become a big hassle to find the best price.
It’s smart to compare prices at least once a year because rates change frequently. If you had the lowest rates on CTS Coupe insurance on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
Why you might be paying too much to insure your Cadillac CTS Coupe
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that go into determining your car insurance rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that could result in lower car insurance prices.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies provide better rates to drivers who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- High deductibles save money – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and burglary. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be on CTS Coupe insurance.
- How many coverages with the same company – Many companies provide better rates to people who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are many extra coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Coverages for personal injury protection, accident forgiveness and membership fees are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Being married is a good thing – Getting married helps lower the price on car insurance. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature than a single person and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Mature drivers pay less – Young drivers are known to be less responsible behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. Adding a youthful driver onto your car insurance can break the bank. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and get fewer tickets.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Whether or not you get tickets has a huge affect on how much you pay. Careful drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Even one ticket can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Drivers with severe tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Car features impact rates – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
Which Insurance Coverage is Cheapest?
When shopping for insurance coverage there are multiple ways of comparing price quotes from different insurance companies. One of the best ways to find the lowest 2013 Cadillac CTS Coupe rates is to get quotes online. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- The single most time-saving way to get the best comparison quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This easy form keeps you from doing separate quotation requests for every insurance coverage company. Filling out one form gets you price quotes direct from many companies. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- A different way to compare rate quotes requires a trip to each company’s website to request a price quote.
Whichever method you choose, ensure you are comparing the exact same information with each company. If you use unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be next to impossible to decipher which rate is best. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages can make a big difference in price. Keep in mind that getting more free quotes will enable you to find a lower rate.
Best discounts on 2013 Cadillac CTS Coupe coverage
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available to reduce the price significantly. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on CTS Coupe insurance than less cautious drivers.
- One Accident Forgiven – A few companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off on CTS Coupe insurance depending on your company.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums on CTS Coupe insurance.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will cut your overall premium however.
Insurance companies who might offer these benefits include:
- American Family
- State Farm
- 21st Century
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not apply everywhere.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Car insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision – This coverage pays for damage to your CTS Coupe resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things like colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car, crashing into a ditch and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Coverage for medical expenses – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses such as chiropractic care, nursing services, prosthetic devices, hospital visits and EMT expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer, fire damage, hail damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Cadillac CTS Coupe.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Usually these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Coverage for liability – This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 100/300/100 which stand for a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as medical services, attorney fees and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible.
More choices the merrier
While you’re price shopping online, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheap 2013 Cadillac CTS Coupe insurance can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
We just presented many ideas to lower your insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company.
To read more, take a look at the resources below:
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area