Cheapest 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Having to pay for overpriced Cadillac CTS Coupe insurance can overdraw your checking account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Comparing price quotes is a smart way to make sure you’re not throwing money away. Many car insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every company and uncover the absolute best rates possible.
If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, you will benefit by learning to cut your premiums and still get good coverage. Finding the best rates is quite easy. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the proper methods to shop for insurance on the web.
Some factors that can determine what Cadillac CTS Coupe insurance costs
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that help determine your car insurance rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower car insurance prices.
- Marriage brings a discount – Being married can actually save you money on your car insurance policy. Marriage usually means you are more responsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Your driving citation history has a big impact on rates. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Even a single ticket can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers who have flagrant citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Older insureds tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel. Youthful drivers tend to get distracted easily when behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to spend in the event of a claim. Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims would be running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, or theft. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the less your car insurance will be for CTS Coupe insurance.
- Credit scores impact car insurance rates – A driver’s credit score is a important factor in your rate calculation. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores. So if your credit is low, you could save money insuring your 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Occupations such as judges, architects and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates due to stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Other jobs such as scientists, historians and the unemployed pay the least for CTS Coupe insurance.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The more miles you rack up on your Cadillac each year the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Having the wrong rating on your CTS Coupe can result in significantly higher rates. Make sure your car insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
- Equipment add-ons that lower car insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart car theft.
Finding a lower price on 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe insurance can be quick and easy. You just have to take a few minutes comparing rate quotes provided by online insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
- Probably the best way to get quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do repetitive form entry for every insurance company. One quote request will return price quotes from several companies.
- A slightly less efficient method to compare prices is going to each company’s website to request a price quote. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from Allstate, GEICO and Travelers. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The least efficient way of getting rate comparisons is to spend time driving to local insurance agencies. Shopping for insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the professional guidance only provided by licensed agents. You can, however, price shop online but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll talk about that later.
Whichever way you use, double check that you are using the exact same quote information for every company. If each company quotes mixed coverages it will be impossible to find the best deal for your Cadillac CTS Coupe.
How to reduce Cadillac CTS Coupe insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both the well known and also the lesser-known car insurance savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more for CTS Coupe insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Cadillac can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers living away from home attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Accident Waiver – A few companies permit an accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy life insurance.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A partial list of companies who might offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Specifics of your insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses like funeral costs, prosthetic devices and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto liability insurance – This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 100/300/100 which means a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as pain and suffering, emergency aid and medical services. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Collision coverage – This covers damage to your CTS Coupe from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as driving through your garage door, backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hitting a deer, damage from flooding and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Cadillac CTS Coupe.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
In any little way, save everyday
Cheaper 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe insurance is attainable from both online companies and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
You just learned many ways to save on insurance. The key concept to understand is the more you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Other learning opportunities
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area