Cheapest 2012 Kia Sorento Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 26, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an overpriced insurance coverage policy? Believe me, many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
With so many companies and agents to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to find the cheapest company.
It’s a good idea to compare prices every six months because prices change quite often. Even if you think you had the lowest price for Sorento insurance on your last policy there may be better deals available now. So ignore everything you know about insurance coverage because it’s time to teach you the only way to find lower rates on insurance coverage.
Factors that can influence Kia Sorento insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine the price you pay for insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your Kia from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be for Sorento insurance.
- How credit affects insurance rates – Credit score is a large factor in calculating your insurance rates. If your credit is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your 2012 Kia Sorento by repairing your credit. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible than drivers who have poor credit.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you when you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Where you reside plays a part – Residing in a rural area can be a good thing when it comes to insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Always keep insurance in force – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a fast way to bump up your insurance costs. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women have accidents in similar percentages, but men have costlier accidents. Men also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Even one moving violation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. If you have flagrant violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Being married is a good thing – Being married can actually save you money on insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
How to Buy Insurance Online
Comparing insurance rates can take hours if you don’t know the most efficient way to do it. You can waste a few hours (or days) talking to local insurance agents in your area, or you can utilize the web to maximize your effort.
Most car insurance companies take part in a program where prospective buyers enter their policy data once, and every company returns a competitive quote determined by their information. This prevents consumers from doing quotation requests to each individual insurance company.
To enter your information into the quoting system, click here (opens in new window).
The only drawback to pricing coverage this way is buyers cannot specifically choose which insurance companies you will receive quotes from. So if you prefer to choose individual companies to receive pricing from, we put together a list of insurance companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but double check that you are using exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits on every quote. If you have different liability limits it’s not possible to make a fair comparison for your Kia Sorento. Quoting even small variations in limits may cause a big price difference. Keep in mind that comparing more company’s prices gives you a better chance of getting the best rates.
Drivers who switch save $399 a year? Really?
Auto insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm continually stream television and radio advertisements. They all seem to make the same claim of big savings after switching your policy. But how can every company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that is profitable for them. For instance, a preferred risk might be between the ages of 30 and 50, a clean driving record, and drives newer vehicles. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” is entitled to the best price and therefore will save when switching.
Consumers who are not a match for these standards will be quoted more money and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That is how companies can truthfully make those claims. This emphasizes why drivers must compare as many rates as you can. It’s just too difficult to predict the company that will give you the biggest savings on Kia Sorento insurance.
Discounts to lower 2012 Kia Sorento insurance rates
Car insurance companies don’t list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both the well known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy online.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home can help you save on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break on auto insurance for Sorento insurance.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on the same auto insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates, click here.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions might help in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Insurance policy specifics
Learning about specific coverages of insurance helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Kia Sorento.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
This will cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like medical expenses, medical services, bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like hitting a parking meter, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from getting keyed, fire damage, rock chips in glass and damage from flooding. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses such as doctor visits, nursing services and hospital visits. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Make an honest buck
We covered many ways to get a better price on 2012 Kia Sorento insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may be surprised to find that the best prices are with the least-expected company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
While you’re price shopping online, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an insured cut physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Cost effective insurance is possible both online and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
More tips and info about insurance is available by following these links:
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area