Cheapest 2008 Kia Sorento Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 26, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding low-cost insurance for a new or used Kia Sorento can be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks and make it easy.
There is a better way to buy car insurance and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a new or used Kia and locate the cheapest rates from local insurance agents and online providers.
Smart consumers take time to check car insurance prices occasionally because rates are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Sorento insurance a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the only way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Best discounts on 2008 Kia Sorento coverage
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but a few must be requested specifically before being credited. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on the same insurance coverage policy qualifies for this discount.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in high school.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
For a list of companies with the best insurance coverage discounts, click here.
Comprehensive Insurance Coverage Comparison
Effectively comparing insurance coverage prices can take hours if you don’t know the best way to get rate quotes. You can waste a few hours (or days) discussing policy coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you could save time and use online quotes to maximize your effort.
Most major companies take part in a program where insurance shoppers send in one quote, and each participating company then returns a price quote determined by their information. This saves time by eliminating quote forms for each company you want a rate for.
To compare 2008 Kia Sorento rates now click here to start a free quote.
The only downside to comparing rates this way is you can’t choose which companies to get pricing from. So if you prefer to pick specific providers to request quotes from, we have a page of the cheapest insurance coverage companies in your area. Click here to view list.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make absolute certain that you use the exact same coverages and limits on every quote you get. If each company quotes unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be very difficult to determine the lowest rate for your Kia Sorento.
Complexity of Kia Sorento insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart auto theft.
- Better credit means lower rates – Your credit rating is a huge factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Consumers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower ratings. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2008 Kia Sorento by improving your credit score.
- How’s your driving record? – Whether or not you get tickets has a big impact on rates. Only having one citation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Good drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with dangerous tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Too many auto insurance claims drive up costs – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Companies give lower rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Your auto insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations like doctors, social workers and stock brokers are shown to have the highest rates in part from stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, jobs such as pilots, students and performers pay the least on Sorento insurance.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Buyer beware of car insurance advertising tricks
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for the lowest price auto insurance from the likes of Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all have a common claim that you’ll save big if you switch your coverage to them.
How does each company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
All companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that makes them money. For instance, a preferred risk might be profiled as between the ages of 30 and 50, a clean driving record, and has a high credit rating. Any new insured that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Drivers who don’t meet the requirements will be quoted a higher premium which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. That’s the way companies can truthfully claim big savings.
This emphasizes why drivers should compare as many rates as you can. It is impossible to predict which company will give you the biggest savings on Kia Sorento insurance.
Car insurance coverage specifics
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield, damage from getting keyed and rock chips in glass. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Sorento resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, medical services and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills for things like prosthetic devices, surgery and EMT expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Most of the time these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Be Smart and Buy Smart
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal, lack of trust in their agent or policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, switching car insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
Affordable 2008 Kia Sorento insurance can be found on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not provide online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that it was a big mistake. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area