Cheapest 2016 Kia Sorento Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 26, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to buy car insurance? You are no different than most other car owners.
Drivers have multiple auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to compare rates.
The purpose of this article is to let you in on the most effective way to quote insurance and some money-saving tips. If you currently have car insurance, you should be able to reduce your rates substantially using this strategy. Although car owners do need to understand the way insurance companies compete online and use this information to your advantage.
The quickest way to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the trick most larger insurance companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information including if you’re married, your job, how much you drive, and whether your vehicle is owned or leased. Your details is then submitted to many of the top insurers and you get price estimates quickly.
Do you really save 40% when you switch?
Companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive regularly use ads on TV and radio. All the ads make the same claim about savings if you move your policy. But how can every company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that earns them a profit. An example of a driver they prefer might be between the ages of 30 and 50, is a homeowner, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who are not a match for this ideal profile must pay higher premiums and ends up with the customer not buying. The ads state “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. That’s why insurance companies can claim big savings.
This illustrates why it is so important to quote coverage with many companies. You cannot predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings on Kia Sorento insurance.
Some factors that can determine what Kia Sorento insurance costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates enables informed choices that could result in better insurance rates.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your Kia Sorento has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- Being married can save on insurance – Being married can get you a discount on insurance. Having a significant other translates into being more mature it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Letting your insurance expire will be a fast way to increase your insurance rates. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage may earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Your location is important – Choosing to live in a rural area can save you money when talking about insurance. City drivers regularly have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Lower population means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Your job and insurance rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Careers like lawyers, social workers and financial analysts have higher average rates attributed to high stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations such as scientists, engineers and performers get better rates on Sorento insurance.
- Where do you drive? – Driving more miles in a year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars left parked in the garage can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your insurance coverage is showing the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. If your policy improperly rates your Sorento can cost quite a bit.
- Sex matters – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes are in accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there are discounts available that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but a few must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off on Sorento insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in high school.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Sorento insurance than less cautious drivers.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your overall premium however.
To see a list of insurance companies offering insurance discounts, click here.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
When might I need an agent?
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Coverages available on your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. These are typical coverage types found on most insurance policies.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as vandalism, hitting a deer and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Liability coverage – Liability insurance protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against things like funeral expenses, medical expenses, loss of income, medical services and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage covers damage to your Sorento caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a building and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your 2016 Kia Sorento.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses such as pain medications, EMT expenses, X-ray expenses and doctor visits. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Low-cost 2016 Kia Sorento insurance can be bought online and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
You just learned many ways to reduce insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may discover the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where someone dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
More learning opportunities
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area