Cheapest 2012 Hyundai Azera Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 13, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shopping for cheap car insurance on the internet can seem to be somewhat difficult for consumers not familiar with online price comaprisons. With dozens of insurance companies available, how can consumers even start to compare every company to locate the best available price?
It’s important to compare rates before your policy renews since insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the best deal for Azera coverage six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to learn how to use online quotes to find better coverage at a better price.
The quickest way to compare car insurance rates is to know the trick most insurance companies participate in a system to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as your job, the make and model of your vehicles, an estimate of your credit level, and whether you drive to work or school. That rating data gets sent immediately to many highly-rated insurers and you receive quotes within a short period of time.
To start a quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
Cut prices on 2012 Hyundai Azera insurance
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list every available discount very well, so we break down some of the best known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A partial list of companies that may offer these money-saving discounts include:
Check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Savings might not be offered in every state.
Factors that can influence Hyundai Azera insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that play a part in calculating insurance coverage rates. Knowing what determines base rates enables informed choices that can help you get lower insurance coverage prices.
Shown below are some of the factors insurance coverage companies consider when setting your rates.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Some insurance companies give discounts to insureds who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Owning a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Jobs such as real estate brokers, executives and dentists tend to pay the highest average rates because of high stress levels and long work hours. Other occupations like farmers, historians and the unemployed have the lowest average rates for Azera coverage.
- Older drivers pay less – Teenage drivers tend to get distracted easily when driving so insurance coverage rates are higher. Having to add a teen driver onto a policy can be very expensive. More mature drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Hyundai. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. The deductibles are how much you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be for Azera coverage.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Liability insurance provides coverage when you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you file claims often, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies generally give lower rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Car insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying the right insurance coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Can switching companies really save?
Progressive, Allstate and GEICO constantly bombard you with ads in print and on television. All the companies make an identical promise about savings if you switch to them. But how can every company say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies have a preferred profile for the driver that earns them a profit. An example of a driver they prefer could possibly be between 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and chooses high deductibles. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who do not match these standards will be charged more money and ends up with business not being written. The ads state “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently state the savings. That is why drivers must get as many quotes as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest Hyundai Azera insurance rates.
Auto insurance coverages explained
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision coverage – This coverage pays for damage to your Azera resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as vandalism, rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane and damage from flooding. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability coverages – Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 100/300/100 which means a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability insurance covers claims such as pain and suffering, medical services and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Insurance for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills for things like surgery, EMT expenses, dental work and X-ray expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Do the work, save more money
We just covered some good ideas how to save on 2012 Hyundai Azera insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a small local company.
Budget-conscious insurance is attainable both online as well as from independent agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, high prices, denial of a claim or being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
To read more, feel free to visit these articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area