Cheapest 2011 Nissan Xterra Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better insurance coverage rates for your Nissan Xterra? Scraping up a payment for overpriced Nissan Xterra insurance can drain your personal savings and put a big crunch on your finances. Shopping your coverage around is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO constantly bombard you with TV and radio ads and it can be hard to see past the corporate glitz and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Consumers should take time to compare prices yearly due to the fact that insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best price for Xterra insurance a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Starting right now, block out anything you think you know about insurance coverage because you’re about to learn the fastest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to save some money using this information. Finding affordable coverage is not rocket science. But vehicle owners benefit from understanding the way companies price insurance differently.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Companies don’t always publicize all their discounts very well, so we took the time to find both the well known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more for Xterra insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child take driver’s ed class in school.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Companies who might offer these discounts include:
Check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply in every state.
Nissan Xterra insurance premiums are calculated by many factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that go into determining your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates enables informed choices that could result in lower insurance prices.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- More claims means more premium – Car insurance companies provide lower rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- A clean driving record saves money – Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Even one ticket can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with flagrant tickets like DUI or reckless driving are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If your Nissan has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- Marriage brings a discount – Getting married actually saves money on your insurance policy. Marriage means you’re more responsible and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Men and women tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping auto theft.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are many add-on coverages you can purchase on your insurance policy. Coverages like personal injury protection, better glass coverage and membership fees are examples of these. They may seem good at first, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – A driver’s credit score is a huge factor in determining your rates. If your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2011 Nissan Xterra by improving your rating. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
When should I use an insurance agent?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Auto insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverage types available from auto insurance companies.
This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as rock chips in glass, hitting a bird, fire damage and damage from flooding. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses for chiropractic care, surgery and rehabilitation expenses. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like pain and suffering, emergency aid, funeral expenses and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Nissan Xterra.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
This coverage covers damage to your Xterra caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as rolling your car, crashing into a ditch and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Saving money is sweet as honey
Discount 2011 Nissan Xterra insurance is definitely available on the web and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where someone dropped full coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area