Cheapest 2000 Nissan Xterra Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 19, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you tired of paying out the nose to buy car insurance? You are no different than most other car owners. Many insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company to get the cheapest price
If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, you will benefit by learning to find better prices while maximizing coverage. Buying car insurance is not rocket science. Drivers only need an understanding of the most effective way to get comparison rates over the internet.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Car insurance companies don’t always list all available discounts very clearly, so we break down both the well known and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Multi-car Discount – Having more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a qualifying organization could trigger savings on insurance on Xterra insurance.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less on Xterra insurance than drivers with accidents.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Companies who might offer these benefits are:
It’s a good idea to ask each company how you can save money. Discounts might not apply everywhere.
The method we recommend to compare rate quotes is to realize auto insurance companies have advanced systems to give you rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including whether the vehicles are used for commuting, if a SR-22 is needed, marital status, and coverage limits. Your information is instantly sent to many highly-rated insurers and they return rate quotes immediately.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do I just need basic coverages?
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions can help discover if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance coverages explained
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverage types found on most insurance policies.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for hospital visits, prosthetic devices, pain medications, funeral costs and nursing services. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Coverage for collisions
This covers damage to your Xterra from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle, backing into a parked car and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like bail bonds, attorney fees and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Nissan Xterra.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like theft, rock chips in glass, hitting a bird, a broken windshield and hail damage. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Quote more, save more
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to save on 2000 Nissan Xterra insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company. They often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
More tips and info about insurance is available at these sites:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area