Cheapest 2009 Nissan Xterra Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Purchasing the cheapest insurance on the web is difficult for consumers new to price shopping online. Since there are so many companies competing online, how can drivers even start to compare every company to locate the best available rates?
The purpose of this post is to help you learn the best way to quote coverages. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to cut costs considerably using this information. But drivers do need to know the way companies price online insurance.
Compare the Market for Insurance Coverage
There are multiple methods to compare 2009 Nissan Xterra insurance coverage prices but one way is easier and takes less work. You can spend countless hours talking about coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you could save time and use online quoting to get pricing more quickly.
Most of the best insurance companies enroll in a system that allows shoppers to submit their information once, and each company provides a quote. This prevents consumers from doing quote requests to every company. To compare 2009 Nissan Xterra rates using this form now click to open in new window.
The one downside to doing it this way is you cannot specify the providers to get pricing from. So if you prefer to choose from a list of companies to receive pricing from, we have a page of insurance coverage companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just ensure you’re using apples-to-apples deductibles and coverage limits for each comparison quote. If you compare different values for each quote you will not be able to determine the lowest rate for your Nissan Xterra. Slightly different limits can result in a big premium difference. Keep in mind that quoting more will improve the odds of getting the best price.
Save with discounts on Nissan Xterra insurance
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Own a Home – Owning a house can help you save on insurance because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may qualify for reduced rates for Xterra insurance.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for signing up before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less for Xterra insurance than less cautious drivers.
- E-sign – A few companies will give a small break simply for signing online.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% for Xterra insurance with certain companies.
- Memberships – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when buying insurance for Xterra insurance.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will cut your premiums.
Insurance companies that may offer these discounts include:
Before buying, ask each insurance company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not apply in every state.
Factors determining your Nissan Xterra insurance premium
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates enables informed choices that could result in lower car insurance prices.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are a lot of extra coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Coverages like roadside assistance, towing coverage and membership fees may be costing you every month. They may seem good at first, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Both sexes tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Equipment add-ons that lower car insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart your car from being stolen.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you. If the Nissan Xterra earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- High deductibles save money – Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Nissan from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and windstorm damage. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less your car insurance will be for Xterra insurance.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing adequate coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Educate yourself about auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, falling objects and theft. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Collision – Collision insurance covers damage to your Xterra from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things such as colliding with a tree, crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Auto liability – This coverage can cover damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. It protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 100/300/100 that means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things like medical services, medical expenses and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your 2009 Nissan Xterra.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Normally these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses like dental work, surgery, prosthetic devices, nursing services and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Summing up your car insurance search
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is easier than you think.
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
You just learned some good ideas how to reduce 2009 Nissan Xterra insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area