Cheapest 2011 Nissan Leaf Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Confused by the number of insurance coverage choices? You have a lot of company. There are so many options available that it can turn into more work than you anticipated to find the best price.
Nissan Leaf insurance premiums are calculated by many factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that go into determining the price you pay for insurance. Understanding what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get better insurance rates.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your rates.
- How many coverages with the same company – The majority of insurance companies give discounts to policyholders who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- Little extras can really add up – There are many extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying on your Leaf policy. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, accidental death and additional equipment coverage are some examples. They may seem like a good idea initially, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Living in less populated areas can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer people means fewer accidents.
- Frequent insurance claims increase rates – Companies generally give better rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Nissan from damage. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and burglary. The deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more expense you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance on Leaf insurance.
- Special features that cut premiums – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Liability insurance is the protection in the event that a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense starting from day one. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Most companies provide price estimates online. Getting online quotes is quite easy as you just enter the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. When complete, their rating system orders credit information and your driving record and returns a price quote based on these and other factors.
Online quotes helps simplify price comparisons, but the process of having to visit multiple sites and fill out multiple forms can be a bit repetitive. Unfortunately, it is important to perform this step in order to find better insurance pricing.
The quickest way to lower your insurance bill uses one form that gets price quotes from a bunch of companies at once. It saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes comparison shopping much more enjoyable and efficient. Immediately after you send the form, it gets priced with multiple companies and you can pick any of the returned quotes.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you simply finish the application and buy the policy. This process takes less than 15 minutes and can result in significant savings.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, click here and submit your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will have a rate comparison for exact coverage.
Misconceptions in car insurance advertisements
Car insurance providers like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO continually stream ads on television and other media. They all say the same thing about savings after switching to them. How can each company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the type of customer they prefer to insure. For example, a desirable insured could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, a clean driving record, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A propective insured who matches those parameters will get very good rates and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who don’t measure up to the “perfect” profile will be charged more money which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads say “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. This is how companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings.
That is why it’s extremely important to get quotes from several different companies. It’s impossible to know which company will provide you with the cheapest Nissan Leaf insurance rates.
You probably qualify for some discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but a few need to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy over the internet.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less on Leaf insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your premiums.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply in every state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
There’s no such thing as the perfect policy
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you would benefit from professional advice.
- What if I total my 2011 Nissan Leaf and owe more than it’s worth?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Knowing the specifics of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as fire damage, falling objects and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims such as emergency aid, funeral expenses, medical expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses for pain medications, nursing services, prosthetic devices, ambulance fees and dental work. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as backing into a parked car, crashing into a ditch and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Nissan Leaf.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Coverage on a shoestring budget
Discount 2011 Nissan Leaf insurance is available on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to compare insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the lowest premiums are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like policy cancellation, not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices and delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching auto insurance companies can be less work than you think.
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area