Cheapest 2011 Lexus IS 250 Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Tired of paying out the nose to buy car insurance? You are no different than many other drivers. Many auto insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a company to get the cheapest price
If you have insurance now or need new coverage, you can use this information to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. Finding affordable coverage is not that difficult. Drivers just need to know the most efficient way to find the lowest price online.
Discounts on 2011 Lexus IS 250 insurance
Companies don’t always list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both well-publicized and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a defensive driving course could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Accident Waiver – Certain companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Memberships – Participating in a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on auto insurance on IS 250 coverage.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- Own a Home – Owning a home can save you money because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your area.
Auto Insurance Prices
Lowering your 2011 Lexus IS 250 auto insurance rates can be quick and easy. Just spend a little time comparing rates from different insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
- One of the simplest ways to get quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This form eliminates the need for boring form submissions for each company you want a rate for. Taking the time to complete one form will get you rate comparisons from all major companies.
- A harder way to get quotes online consists of visiting each company’s website to request a price quote. For example, we’ll pretend you want to compare State Farm, Allstate and Liberty Mutual. To find out each rate you need to go to every website and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The least recommended method of getting rate comparisons is to spend your day driving to local insurance agencies. Buying insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the personal advice only provided by licensed agents. It is possible to compare online quotes but still have the advice of a local agent.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just ensure you are comparing identical quote information with every price quote. If your comparisons have different limits and deductibles on each one you will not be able to find the best deal for your Lexus IS 250.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- What are the best liability limits?
- How much liability insurance is required?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance coverage specifics
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are typical coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Lexus IS 250.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. It protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability can pay for claims like legal defense fees, attorney fees, court costs, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses for things like hospital visits, EMT expenses, X-ray expenses and pain medications. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Auto collision coverage
This will pay to fix damage to your IS 250 caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree, hitting a mailbox and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as theft, falling objects, damage from getting keyed, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hitting a deer. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Shop around and save
We just covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on 2011 Lexus IS 250 insurance. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Low-cost insurance is definitely available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
More detailed auto insurance information is available in these articles:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area