Save on 2008 Lexus IS 250 Car Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 17, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better car insurance rates? Consumers have many options when looking for the best price on Lexus IS 250 insurance. You can either waste hours calling around trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a better way to compare car insurance rates so you’re going to learn the proper way to get price quotes for a new or used Lexus and obtain the cheapest rates from local insurance agents and online providers.
It is always a good idea to compare rates occasionally because prices trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the best deal on IS 250 coverage last year you will most likely find a better rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest and easiest way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
The purpose of this post is to tell you how to get online quotes and some tricks to saving. If you currently have car insurance, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using these methods. Vehicle owners just need to know how to compare prices over the internet.
How to Compare Insurance Coverage
All the larger insurance coverage companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive quote insurance quotes on their websites. Getting online quotes is quite easy as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. After the form is submitted, the company’s rating system collects your driving record and credit report and returns pricing information determined by many factors.
Being able to quote online helps simplify price comparisons, but the work required to visit each company’s website and repetitively fill out multiple forms is monotonous and tiresome. Unfortunately, it is important to do this in order to get a lower rate.
A more efficient way to get multiple rate quotes is to use a quote form that gets prices from more than one company. It’s a real time-saver, eliminates repetitive work, and makes online quotes much easier. After your information is entered, it is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any one of the quote results.
If you find a better price it’s easy to complete the application and purchase the new policy. This process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
If you want to find out if lower rates are available, click here to open in a new tab and submit the form. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you duplicate the limits and deductibles exactly as they are listed on your policy. This helps ensure you will have a rate comparison for similar insurance coverage.
Discounts can save BIG
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for in order for you to get them. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Resident Student – Children living away from home attending college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your policy on IS 250 coverage.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers can save substantially as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can save you money because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the amount you have to pay.
Companies that possibly offer these benefits include:
- State Farm
- American Family
- Liberty Mutual
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in every state.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2008 Lexus IS 250?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2008 Lexus IS 250 is worth?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
What determines your Lexus IS 250 insurance premium
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. Understanding what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower insurance prices.
Shown below are some of the items companies use to determine your rates.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Safer cars get lower rates. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If the Lexus IS 250 has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies generally give discounts to drivers who file claims infrequently. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Bump up deductibles to save – The deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims could be running into the backend of another car, vandalism, and burglary. The more you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive on IS 250 coverage.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Careers like lawyers, executives and dentists have the highest average rates due to high stress levels and long work hours. Other occupations such as actors, historians and retirees get better rates on IS 250 coverage.
Auto insurance coverages and their meanings
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things such as structural damage, attorney fees, loss of income, funeral expenses and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses for things like funeral costs, prosthetic devices, surgery, pain medications and dental work. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hitting a bird, a broken windshield, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed and hitting a deer. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage gives you protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Lexus IS 250.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Knowledge is power
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper 2008 Lexus IS 250 insurance is available online and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims and even high prices. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
More tips and info about insurance is available in these articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area