Cheapest 2010 Honda Fit Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding better insurance prices for your Honda Fit can turn out to be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to find lower rates. There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance and we’ll show you the quickest way to get price quotes for a new or used Honda and find the cheapest rates either online or from local insurance agents.
You need to do rate comparisons before your policy renews because rates go up and down regularly. Even if you got the best rates on Fit coverage on your last policy a different company probably has better rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn how to use the internet to find better coverage at a better price.
Fast and Easy Insurance Coverage Quotes
All major insurance coverage companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO give insurance quotes on their websites. Getting quotes doesn’t take a lot of time as you just type in your coverage information as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system sends out for credit information and your driving record and provides a quote.
This helps simplify price comparisons, but the time it takes to visit different websites and fill out multiple forms is monotonous and tiresome. Unfortunately, it is important to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for better prices.
Quote rates the easy way
A quicker way to get multiple rate quotes uses one form that gets price quotes from several companies at one time. The form is fast, eliminates form submissions, and makes rate comparisons much more enjoyable. After sending your information, your coverage is rated and you are able to buy any one of the quotes returned. If a lower price is quoted, you can simply submit the application and buy the policy. The whole process just takes a couple of minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
To quickly get comparison pricing now, click here and submit your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend that you enter the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. Using the same limits helps guarantee you’re receiving rate comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Companies do not list every available discount very clearly, so here is a list both the well known as well as the least known car insurance savings. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a qualifying organization could trigger savings when buying car insurance on Fit coverage.
- Accident Waiver – A few companies allow you one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
Car insurance companies that may have these money-saving discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your area.
These factors can influence what you pay for Honda Fit insurance
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
- How many coverages with the same company – The majority of insurance companies will award you with lower prices to policyholders who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to shop around to ensure the best deal.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are a lot of extra coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Coverages for roadside assistance, towing coverage and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea at first, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are worse drivers. Women and men cause accidents at about the same rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If your Honda is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- An active claims history can cost you – Insurance companies award discounts to policyholders who are claim-free. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Liability coverage is the protection when a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. It provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2010 Honda Fit?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance coverages explained
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
This coverage covers damage to your Fit resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door, backing into a parked car and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property. It protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as bail bonds, legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from flooding, hitting a deer, damage from getting keyed, hail damage and fire damage. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for bills like prosthetic devices, ambulance fees, funeral costs and chiropractic care. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Honda Fit.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Affordable insurance is out there
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as high prices, poor customer service, denial of a claim and questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
Discount 2010 Honda Fit insurance is attainable online and with local insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to save on insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area