2009 Land Rover Range Rover Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower insurance rates for your Land Rover Range Rover? Perplexed by the crazy number of insurance company choices? You have a lot of company. There are so many companies to choose from that it can turn into a real hassle to find the perfect company for you.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company’s rates on a regular basis since insurance rates change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates for Range Rover insurance on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate how to use the internet to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to save some money using this strategy. Shopping for the lowest cost insurance coverage coverage is not that difficult. Although vehicle owners must learn how companies price insurance differently.
Car Insurance Comparison Rates
The are a couple different ways of comparing price quotes from different insurance companies. The best way to compare 2009 Land Rover Range Rover insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
The first (and easiest) way to get the best comparison quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison like this one (opens in new window). This form eliminates the need for multiple quote forms to each individual car insurance company. Just one form will get you price quotes from several companies. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
A harder way to get quotes online is spending the time to visit each company’s website to complete their respective quote request forms. For example, let’s say you want to compare rates from State Farm, 21st Century and Liberty Mutual. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
The hardest method of comparing rate quotes is to spend your day driving to and from local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you want the professional guidance of a licensed agent. It is possible to get prices online and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll talk about that later.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make absolute certain that you use exactly the same coverages for every company. If you compare higher or lower deductibles you can’t possibly decipher which rate is best. Slightly different insurance coverages may result in large price differences. And when price shopping your coverage, more quotes will increase your chances of finding the best rates.
Buyer beware of car insurance advertising tricks
Car insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive consistently run ads on TV and radio. They all seem to make the same claim that you can save if you change your coverage to them. How do they all claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
Different companies have a preferred profile for the driver that is profitable for them. An example of a driver they prefer might be profiled as over the age of 40, has no prior claims, and has great credit. A propective insured who fits that profile is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who fall outside the “perfect” profile will be charged higher prices which usually ends up with business not being written. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save money. That’s why companies can truthfully state the savings. That is why you should get as many comparisons as possible. You cannot predict which company will give you the biggest savings on Land Rover Range Rover insurance.
Parts of the Land Rover Range Rover rate equation
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Liability insurance is the protection in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Not having insurance is illegal and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Sex matters – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women cause accidents at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
- How credit affects auto insurance rates – Your credit score is a large factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your 2009 Land Rover Range Rover by improving your credit score. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit.
Discounts to lower Land Rover Range Rover insurance rates
Auto insurance companies do not list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the more common and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance coverage.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Range Rover insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% for Range Rover insurance with select insurance companies.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for switching to them before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application on their website.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education in high school.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Companies that may have these discounts may include but are not limited to:
- State Farm
- American Family
- Liberty Mutual
Check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Discounts might not be offered everywhere.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2009 Land Rover Range Rover?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Insurance coverage basics
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can help you determine which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision coverages – This pays for damage to your Range Rover caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Land Rover Range Rover.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Coverage for liability – Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like medical expenses, pain and suffering, court costs and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses for ambulance fees, surgery, X-ray expenses and rehabilitation expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as falling objects, theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird and a broken windshield. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Take this to the bank
Budget-conscious 2009 Land Rover Range Rover insurance can be sourced on the web as well as from independent agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, poor customer service, policy non-renewal or extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Even more information is available at these sites:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area