Cheapest 2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better car insurance rates for your Volkswagen New Beetle? Expensive car insurance can take a big chunk out of your checking account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Comparison shopping is free and is an excellent way to tighten up your finances.
Numerous insurance companies battle for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies and get the best coverage at the lowest rate possible.
It’s smart to take a look at other company’s rates periodically due to the fact that insurance rates change regularly. Just because you found the best price on New Beetle coverage last year you can probably find a better price now. You can find a lot of wrong information about car insurance online but with this article, you’re going to get the best ways to stop overpaying for insurance.
The method we recommend to compare rates takes advantage of the fact most of the larger companies provide online access to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is give them some information including if the vehicle is leased, the ages of drivers, if a SR-22 is needed, and if you’re married. Your insurance information is instantly sent to multiple different insurance companies and you should receive rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To start a rate quote now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Companies don’t always publicize all available discounts very well, so we took the time to find both the well known and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance.
- No Charge for an Accident – A few companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for switching to them before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially when compared with bad drivers.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Volkswagen could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- College Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on New Beetle coverage than drivers with accidents.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Companies that may have these money-saving discounts include:
- State Farm
- Farm Bureau
Double check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Savings might not apply everywhere.
Volkswagen New Beetle rates influenced by many factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Understanding what determines base rates enables informed choices that may reward you with big savings.
- A clean driving record saves money – Your driving citation history has a big impact on rates. Drivers with clean records get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Just one ticket may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers who have flagrant citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Little extras can really add up – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Pay less if you’re married – Being married can get you a discount when buying insurance coverage. It translates into being more mature and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
- One company can mean more discounts – Many companies provide better rates to people who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare rates to ensure the best deal. You may still find better rates by splitting coverages up.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – Having a bad credit rating is a huge factor in calculating your insurance coverage rates. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2007 Volkswagen New Beetle by improving your credit score.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2007 Volkswagen New Beetle?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Who is covered by my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Specific coverages for a 2007 Volkswagen New Beetle
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are the usual coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects, a broken windshield and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
This covers damage to your New Beetle caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things such as backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as pain and suffering, legal defense fees, bail bonds and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses such as hospital visits, EMT expenses, ambulance fees, doctor visits and pain medications. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Shop smart and save
Lower-priced 2007 Volkswagen New Beetle insurance is possible on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide online price quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
We just presented a lot of tips how to reduce insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
To learn more, feel free to browse these articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area