Cheapest 2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper insurance for your Volkswagen New Beetle can normally be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to find lower rates. There are both good and bad ways to find auto insurance online so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages on a Volkswagen and find the cheapest rates either online or from local insurance agents.
Low Cost Car Insurance
Finding lower car insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. The only requirement is to spend a little time comparing price quotes online with multiple companies. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The single most time-saving way to get quotes for comparison is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This method keeps you from doing repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for. One form submission will get you price quotes from many national carriers. Just one form and you’re done.
- A more time consuming way to shop for car insurance online is to manually visit each individual company website to request a price quote. For sake of this example, let’s say you want rates from Auto-Owners, Progressive and State Farm. You would have to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The least efficient way to get comparison rates is driving around to and from local insurance agencies. Shopping for car insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you require the professional advice of a licensed agent. You can, however, price shop online but buy from a local insurance agent. We’ll cover that shortly.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make sure you use the exact same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote. If each company quotes different values for each quote it will be very difficult to determine the lowest rate for your Volkswagen New Beetle.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every discount very well, so we took the time to find some of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on New Beetle insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Volkswagen can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who live away from home and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of insurers with the best car insurance discounts, click this link.
Do I need special coverages?
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you might need professional guidance.
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Why your Volkswagen New Beetle insurance rates may be high
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what influences your rates enables informed choices that could result in better auto insurance rates.
- How many coverages with the same company – Many insurance companies will award you with lower prices to insureds who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to compare rates to ensure the best deal. You may still find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- High deductibles save money – Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your Volkswagen. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles are how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance on New Beetle insurance.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that you can buy on your auto insurance policy. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good at first, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
- Women pay lower rates – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women have accidents at about the same rate, but the males have costlier accidents. They also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Only having one speeding ticket may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with dangerous tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Having a bad credit score is a important factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit. So if your credit score is low, you could save money insuring your 2006 Volkswagen New Beetle by repairing your credit.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Occupations like lawyers, executives and financial analysts have higher average rates in part from job stress and long work hours. Conversely, occupations such as scientists, engineers and retirees get better rates on New Beetle insurance.
Specifics of your auto insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as rock chips in glass, damage from flooding and falling objects. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverages – This pays for damage to your New Beetle resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for liability – This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. It protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like loss of income, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, pain and suffering and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible.
Coverage for medical payments – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for bills such as dental work, surgery, prosthetic devices and nursing services. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Volkswagen New Beetle.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
When you buy insurance online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Lower-priced 2006 Volkswagen New Beetle insurance is available online in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can lower your insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Drivers may discover the best price on insurance coverage is with an unexpected company.
More tips and info about insurance coverage is available in the articles below:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area