Cheapest 2010 Volkswagen New Beetle Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Drivers have a choice when trying to find low-cost Volkswagen New Beetle insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents trying to get quotes or use the internet to make rate comparisons. There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance coverage and you need to know the quickest way to quote coverages for a new or used Volkswagen and find the lowest price from both online companies and local agents.
It’s a great practice to shop coverage around once or twice a year because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the best deal on New Beetle coverage last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance coverage because you’re about to find out one of the quickest ways to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Finding the best rates is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using this strategy. Drivers only need an understanding of the most effective way to compare price quotes over the internet.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rate quotes is to realize most insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give the companies some data such as if it has an anti-theft system, how much you drive, if a SR-22 is required, and your general credit rating. Those rating factors gets transmitted to insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes within a short period of time.
To find lower rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available.
Discounts on Volkswagen New Beetle insurance
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every discount very clearly, so here is a list some of the best known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Sign Online – Certain companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can earn a substantially lower rate.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% on New Beetle coverage with select insurance companies.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts as compared to drivers who are more careless.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
To see a list of insurers who offer insurance discounts, click here.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions might point out if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Volkswagen New Beetle insurance rates consist of many parts
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with big savings.
The list below includes some of the factors used by your company to calculate rates.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder car theft.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your Volkswagen. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance on New Beetle coverage.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Not having insurance is against the law and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Your age impacts your rates – Teenage drivers have a tendency to be more careless in a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates. Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
- How many coverages with the same company – Most insurance companies will award you with lower prices to policyholders who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – A driver’s credit score is a important factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Therefore, if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your 2010 Volkswagen New Beetle by repairing your credit. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with poor credit.
Insurance coverage options for a Volkswagen New Beetle
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as vandalism, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects, hail damage and damage from flooding. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability car insurance – Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability can pay for things like bail bonds, medical services, repair costs for stationary objects and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Volkswagen New Beetle.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Medical expense insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for bills such as rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses and nursing services. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverages – This coverage covers damage to your New Beetle caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as colliding with a tree, rolling your car, crashing into a building and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Don’t break the bank
You just read many ways to shop for 2010 Volkswagen New Beetle insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a small local company.
The cheapest insurance is attainable online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers or even unfair underwriting practices. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area