2007 Porsche Cayman Car Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Porsche Cayman? Are you tired of scraping the payment together to insure your Porsche every month? You are in the same boat as many other drivers.
You have multiple insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Locating the lowest cost car insurance coverage is not that difficult. Essentially anyone who buys car insurance stands a good chance to be able to cut their insurance bill. But vehicle owners need to have an understanding of the way companies determine prices and apply this information to your search.
Discounts on 2007 Porsche Cayman insurance
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- College Student – Any of your kids who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers can save substantially as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount on Cayman coverage depending on your company.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Cayman coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will cut the cost of coverage.
Car insurance companies that may offer these discounts include:
Double check with each company what discounts are available to you. Savings might not be offered in your state.
How to Get Car Insurance Comparison Quotes
There are several ways of comparing rates from different insurance companies. The simplest method to find competitive 2007 Porsche Cayman insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes. This is very easy and can be done in several different ways.
- The best way consumers can make multiple comparisons would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This form saves time by eliminating separate forms to each individual car insurance company. In just a few minutes this one form gets you coverage quotes from several companies.
- A less efficient way to obtain and compare quotes online requires a trip to each individual company website and complete a new quote form. For example, let’s assume you want rates from Auto-Owners, Allstate and Liberty Mutual. You would have to go to every website and enter your information, which is why the first method is quicker. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just ensure you are comparing the exact same coverage information with every price quote. If each company quotes different liability limits it will be very difficult to decipher which rate is best. Slightly different coverages may result in a large different in cost. And when comparing car insurance rates, know that more quotes helps you find a lower rate.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying the best insurance coverage coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2007 Porsche Cayman?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- What if I total my 2007 Porsche Cayman and owe more than it’s worth?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Parts of your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are typical coverage types found on the average insurance policy.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Cayman resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims like hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things such as emergency aid, structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding, hail damage and hitting a deer. The most your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your 2007 Porsche Cayman.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Most of the time these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Coverage for medical expenses
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses like EMT expenses, dental work, funeral costs, hospital visits and ambulance fees. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
One last thing
Cheaper 2007 Porsche Cayman insurance is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
We covered a lot of ways to get a better price on insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest premiums are with some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
While you’re price shopping online, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the following sites:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area