How Much Does 2012 Porsche Cayman Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Porsche Cayman? I can’t think of a single person who likes paying for insurance coverage, in particular when their premiums are too high. Having so many insurance companies to choose from, it is very difficult to choose the cheapest car insurance company.
Consumers need to compare prices every six months since insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the lowest rates for Cayman insurance six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Starting right now, ignore everything you know about insurance coverage because it’s time to teach you the fastest and easiest way to find lower rates on insurance coverage.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you can follow these tips to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Drivers just need to know the proper methods to shop online.
Porsche Cayman rates influenced by many factors
It’s important that you understand the factors that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. Knowing what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better car insurance rates.
- Mature drivers pay less – Teen drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily when driving so car insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a young driver to your policy can really hurt. More mature drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you. If the Porsche Cayman earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your Porsche. Examples of covered claims could be a windshield shattered by a rock, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your car insurance pays a claim. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive for Cayman insurance.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you when you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Your car insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Occupations such as real estate brokers, social workers and stock brokers have the highest rates because of high stress levels and lengthy work days. On the other hand, occupations such as pilots, students and homemakers get better rates for Cayman insurance.
- Where you reside plays a part – Choosing to live in a small town is a positive aspect when it comes to car insurance. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. More time on the road means more change of being in an accident.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes cause accidents in similar percentages, but men cause more damage. Men also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
Cut your insurance coverage rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the best known and also the lesser-known insurance coverage savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application online.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A partial list of companies that may offer these benefits are:
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not apply everywhere.
Do you really save 40% when you switch?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for car insurance savings from the likes of State Farm and Allstate. All the ads make an identical promise of big savings if you change your coverage to them.
How does each company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that is profitable for them. For example, a driver they prefer might be profiled as between the ages of 40 and 55, insures multiple vehicles, and has great credit. A propective insured who matches those parameters will get very good rates and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who fall outside these standards will be quoted higher rates and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ads state “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings. This emphasizes why you should compare many company’s rates. It is impossible to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest Porsche Cayman insurance rates.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions could help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance policy coverages for a Porsche Cayman
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
This can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering, emergency aid and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Auto collision coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass and theft. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses like pain medications, funeral costs, surgery and EMT expenses. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Porsche Cayman.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Be a Smart Shopper
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for 2012 Porsche Cayman insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest premiums are with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area