Cheapest 2007 Pontiac G6 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better car insurance rates for your Pontiac G6? Locating better insurance prices for your Pontiac G6 can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can use our car insurance buying tips to find lower rates.
There is a better way to find car insurance online so you’re going to learn the best way to get price quotes for your Pontiac and find the lowest price from local insurance agents and online providers.
You need to compare rates periodically since rates are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates for G6 insurance on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding car insurance online but we’re going to give you some solid techniques on how to buy car insurance cheaper.
Shopping for the cheapest insurance coverage coverage can be fairly easy. If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Drivers just need to learn the best way to buy insurance coverage online.
Your Pontiac G6 insurance rate is a complex equation
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that play a part in calculating your insurance rates. Understanding what determines base rates enables informed choices that could result in big savings.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart your car from being stolen.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – A bad driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even one moving violation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. If you have dangerous violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Older drivers pay less – Youthful drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily in a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates. Mature drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims and receive fewer citations.
- How many coverages with the same company – Most companies will award you with lower prices to insureds who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still be able to find a better deal by buying insurance from a different company.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that you can buy when buying insurance. Coverages like personal injury protection, towing coverage and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. They may seem good initially, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be asked for prior to getting the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% for G6 insurance depending on your company.
- Sign Online – Certain companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy online.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less for G6 insurance than drivers with accidents.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will cut your premiums.
To see a list of companies with the best insurance discounts, click this link.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Car insurance policy coverages for a 2007 Pontiac G6
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This coverage covers damage to your G6 resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a mailbox, hitting a parking meter and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses like rehabilitation expenses, nursing services, prosthetic devices and pain medications. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as bail bonds, medical expenses, emergency aid, medical services and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive car insurance
This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as theft, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding and hitting a deer. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Usually these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
A fool and his money are soon parted
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to compare 2007 Pontiac G6 insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from an unexpected company.
Affordable insurance is definitely available on the web as well as from independent agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best price.
To read more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area