Cheapest 2007 Lexus GX 470 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 15, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest insurance for a Lexus GX 470 can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our insurance coverage buying tips to find lower rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare insurance coverage rates and you need to know the quickest way to price shop coverage for your Lexus and obtain the cheapest rates.
You should make it a habit to compare rates quite often due to the fact that insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the best rates for GX 470 coverage a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. There is a lot of wrong information about insurance coverage on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn a bunch of ideas how to find affordable insurance coverage.
Finding affordable insurance coverage is not that difficult. If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, you can learn to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Vehicle owners just need to understand the most effective way to buy insurance on the web.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before you will receive the discount. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% for GX 470 coverage with certain companies.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Driver Safety – Taking a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house may trigger a auto insurance policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
Insurance companies who might offer these discounts are:
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
Check with each company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your state.
Finding Car Insurance Deals
Getting a cheaper price on 2007 Lexus GX 470 insurance can be relatively painless. The only requirement is to take time comparing price quotes from different insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to find low rates is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This method keeps you from doing repetitive form entry for each company you want a rate for. A single form will get you price quotes from multiple low-cost companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A less efficient way to analyze rates is to manually visit each individual company website and complete a new quote form. For instance, let’s assume you want rates from Allstate, 21st Century and Liberty Mutual. To get rate quotes you would need to go to every website and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
However you get your quotes, compare identical coverages with every price quote. If your comparisons have unequal deductibles or liability limits you will not be able to make a fair comparison for your Lexus GX 470.
These factors can influence Lexus GX 470 insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine auto insurance rates. Knowing what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in big savings.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – The more you drive each year the higher your rates will be. Most companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. If your policy improperly rates your GX 470 can cost quite a bit. Make sure your auto insurance policy properly reflects the correct driver usage.
- High deductibles save money – Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Lexus. Examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be for GX 470 coverage.
- How’s your driving record? – A bad driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Even one ticket can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Careful drivers get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. If you have flagrant violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Insurance companies give cheaper rates to people who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Insurance coverage is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Do I need special coverages?
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2007 Lexus GX 470?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance coverages for a Lexus GX 470
Having a good grasp of car insurance aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hitting a bird, rock chips in glass, falling objects and fire damage. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
UM/UIM Coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Lexus GX 470.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical costs insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like doctor visits, chiropractic care, dental work, nursing services and X-ray expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Liability – Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for things such as funeral expenses, medical services and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims and even being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, finding a new car insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
While you’re price shopping online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, someone sacrificed full coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
We just presented a lot of ways to compare 2007 Lexus GX 470 insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest premiums are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area