Lower Your 2004 Lexus GX 470 Car Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest insurance for a Lexus GX 470 can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can follow these tips to save time. There is a right way and a wrong way to find car insurance online so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a Lexus and get the lowest possible price.
If you are insured now or need a new policy, you can use this information to find the best rates while maintaining coverages. Finding affordable car insurance is simple if you know the tricks. Consumers only need to know the proper way to get comparison quotes on the web.
Impacting insurance rates for a Lexus GX 470
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that help determine the rates you pay for insurance. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in big savings.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Not having insurance is against the law and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage can result in a steep fine or even jail time.You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Most insurers provide better rates to policyholders who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- More miles equals more premium – The higher the mileage driven every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Verify your insurance declarations sheet is showing the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money. Incorrect usage on your GX 470 may be wasting your money.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance for GX 470 coverage.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies give cheaper rates to people who file claims infrequently. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Best discounts on 2004 Lexus GX 470 coverage
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list all available discounts very well, so we researched some of the best known and the more hidden car insurance savings. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance.
- Drivers Education – Have your child complete a driver education course in school.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% for GX 470 coverage depending on your company.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when buying car insurance for GX 470 coverage.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums for GX 470 coverage.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less for GX 470 coverage than drivers with accidents.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Car insurance companies that may offer these discounts include:
Double check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not be available in your state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions might point out if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Should I rate my 2004 Lexus GX 470 as pleasure use or commute?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Educate yourself about auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of auto insurance helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like a broken windshield, hitting a deer and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills for things like X-ray expenses, pain medications and surgery. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability – This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as loss of income, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, legal defense fees and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays for damage to your GX 470 caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle, colliding with a tree and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Keep this in mind
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims, lack of trust in their agent and even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, finding a new car insurance company is easier than you think.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to lower your 2004 Lexus GX 470 insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Drivers may discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small local company.
When you buy insurance online, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
More tips and info about car insurance is located by following these links:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area