Cheapest 2008 Lexus GX 470 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one in their right mind enjoys paying for insurance coverage, especially when they are paying too much. Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to discover the definitive lowest rate
If you are insured now or need a new policy, you can follow these tips to get lower rates and still get good coverage. Finding the best rates is quite easy. Drivers just need to understand the proper way to find the lowest price over the internet.
Save on 2008 Lexus GX 470 insurance
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every available discount very clearly, so here is a list some of the more common as well as the least known insurance savings. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- College Student – Children living away from home attending college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for GX 470 coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
For a list of providers who offer insurance discounts, click here to view.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance coverage considerations
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Collision coverages – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car, hitting a parking meter and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive protection – This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass, fire damage, hitting a bird and a broken windshield. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical expense coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like dental work, prosthetic devices, pain medications, EMT expenses and ambulance fees. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2008 Lexus GX 470.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Auto liability insurance – This can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims such as bail bonds, court costs, funeral expenses and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible.
Quote more, save more
The cheapest 2008 Lexus GX 470 insurance is available both online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. A few companies do not provide online quoting and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to save on insurance. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More information is located at the links below
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area