Cheapest 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 27, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one likes having to buy auto insurance, particularly when their premiums are through the roof. There are many insurers to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates.
Finding more affordable coverage is simple if you know the tricks. If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these tips to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. Consumers only need an understanding of the tricks to buy auto insurance on the web.
How to Compare Car Insurance Quotes
Effectively comparing car insurance prices can take hours if you don’t understand the most efficient way to do it. You could waste time driving to insurance agencies in your area, or you can utilize the web to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
The majority of car insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace that allows shoppers to enter their coverage request one time, and each participating company can give them a price determined by their information. This prevents consumers from doing repetitive form submissions for every car insurance company. To find out what other companies charge for 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance click to open in new window.
The only drawback to getting quotes like this is you cannot specify the companies you want pricing from.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make darn sure you compare the exact same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote you get. If your comparisons have different liability limits it’s impossible to determine which rate is truly the best.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Car insurance can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help offset the cost. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but a few need to be manually applied prior to getting the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% for Grand Cherokee coverage with a few auto insurance companies.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will bring down your overall premium however.
Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance rates consist of many parts
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to big savings.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a quick way to bump up your insurance coverage costs. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time.
- Where you reside plays a part – Living in a rural area can save you money when talking about insurance coverage. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer people means reduced accidents.
- Credit scores impact insurance coverage rates – Your credit rating is a large factor in determining your rates. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee by improving your credit score.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – The majority of insurance coverage companies give discounts to insureds who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money. Consumers may find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee to commute?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent.
Drivers who switch save $429 a year? Really?
Drivers constantly see and hear ads for the lowest price auto insurance by Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads have a common claim of big savings if you move to their company.
How does each company say the same thing?
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver they prefer to insure. For instance, a preferred risk might be profiled as over the age of 50, is a homeowner, and has a short commute. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest rates and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who don’t measure up to this ideal profile will be quoted higher prices and ends up with business not being written. The ad wording is “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That is how insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings.
This emphasizes why you should compare many company’s rates. It’s not possible to predict which car insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
Insurance policy coverages for a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Learning about specific coverages of insurance aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Collision coverages – This coverage covers damage to your Grand Cherokee resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like driving through your garage door, colliding with a tree and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability car insurance – This protects you from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. It protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims like legal defense fees, attorney fees, pain and suffering and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for medical expenses – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses such as X-ray expenses, rehabilitation expenses, nursing services and dental work. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hitting a bird, fire damage and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Find Good Coverage for Less
Cheaper 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
We’ve covered many ideas to get a better price on insurance. The key thing to remember is the more you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from the smaller companies. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
To read more, take a look at the resources below:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area