Cheapest 2007 Ford Edge Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 1, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper car insurance rates for your Ford Edge? No one in their right mind likes having to buy car insurance, especially knowing the cost is way too high. Multiple car insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to get the best rate
Finding Insurance Deals
Getting a cheaper price on 2007 Ford Edge insurance is surprisingly easy. Just take a couple of minutes comparing rate quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The fastest way to find low rates would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This method saves time by eliminating separate quote forms for each company. Just one form compares rates from all major companies.
- A less efficient way to find lower rates requires you to visit each company website to complete a price quote. For example, let’s assume you want to compare Farmers, Progressive and Allstate.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but compare the exact same information with every price quote. If you enter differing limits you will not be able to make a fair comparison for your Ford Edge.
Insurance myths debunked
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for cheaper car insurance by State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies make an identical promise of big savings if you move to their company.
How do they all claim to save you money?
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer they prefer to insure. For example, a preferred risk could be between 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and has a high credit rating. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably save a lot of money.
Consumers who don’t meet this ideal profile will be charged higher rates which leads to business going elsewhere. The ads say “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much money. That is how companies can truthfully advertise the way they do.
That is why drivers must get quotes from several different companies. It is impossible to predict which insurance company will give you the biggest savings on Ford Edge insurance.
You probably qualify for some discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may find discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but a few must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for signing up before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags can get savings of more than 20%.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Accident Waiver – Certain companies permit an accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a set time period.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut your overall premium however.
Companies that possibly offer these discounts are:
- American Family
- State Farm
- 21st Century
Before buying, ask each company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not apply in your area.
There’s no such thing as the perfect policy
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Is my Ford Edge covered if I use it for business?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent.
Auto insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverage types found on most insurance policies.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects, hitting a deer and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This covers damage to your Edge from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as backing into a parked car, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims like legal defense fees, funeral expenses, attorney fees and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for short-term medical expenses such as funeral costs, dental work, ambulance fees, chiropractic care and X-ray expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
This provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your 2007 Ford Edge.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Online plus local equals savings
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on 2007 Ford Edge insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Edge? (PhillyQuotes.com)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area