2009 Ford Edge Car Insurance Rates – 10 Savings Tips
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower auto insurance rates? Shoppers have a choice when shopping for the best price on Ford Edge insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents to compare prices or use the internet to get rate quotes. There are more efficient ways to buy auto insurance and we’ll show you the best way to compare rates for a Ford and find the cheapest rates from both online companies and local agents.
Low Cost Insurance Coverage
There are several ways to compare Ford Edge insurance coverage prices and some are easier and takes less work. You can waste hours talking to insurance agencies in your area, or you could save time and use the web to get pricing more quickly.
All the larger companies belong to an insurance system where prospective buyers enter their coverage request one time, and every company can provide price quotes determined by their information. This system prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions to each individual insurance coverage company.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now click here (opens in new window).
The one disadvantage to pricing coverage this way is that you can’t choose which carriers you want pricing from.
However you get your quotes, make sure you use apples-to-apples coverage limits on every quote you get. If you enter differing limits it’s impossible to truly determine the lowest rate.
These ten discounts can slash insurance coverage rates
Auto insurance companies don’t always list all available discounts very well, so the following is a list of both the well known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Driver Safety – Taking a course in driver safety could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Drivers Education – Have your child enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Companies that may offer these discounts include:
- Farm Bureau
- American Family
- State Farm
Before buying, ask each company how you can save money. Savings may not apply in your state.
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- What is the ISO rating for a 2009 Ford Edge?
- Does my 2009 Ford Edge need full coverage?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Coverages available on your policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with a tree, crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your 2009 Ford Edge.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses for things like rehabilitation expenses, surgery, prosthetic devices, dental work and hospital visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair costs for stationary objects, court costs, medical expenses, bail bonds and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford.
Be Smart and Buy Smart
Budget-conscious 2009 Ford Edge insurance is attainable from both online companies as well as from independent agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, questionable increases in premium, poor customer service or even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, switching companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We covered many ways to compare insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the best prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area