Cheapest 2016 Ford Edge Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest car insurance rates? Drivers have many options when trying to find the best price on Ford Edge insurance. You can either spend your time calling around getting price quotes or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a better way to shop for car insurance and you need to know the proper way to price shop coverage for your Ford and obtain the lowest possible price from local insurance agents and online providers.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes on a regular basis because car insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the best deal for Edge insurance a couple years back you can probably find a better rate now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the things you must know in order to find better coverage at a better price.
The best way to compare car insurance rates utilizes the fact all the major auto insurance companies participate in online systems to give free rates quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them some information such as distance driven, the ages of drivers, how your vehicles are used, and if you went to college. That rating information is instantly provided to multiple auto insurance providers and you will get price comparisons quickly.
More affordable rates with discounts
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts will apply when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before they will apply.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children living away from home attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may be able to get reduced rates for Edge insurance.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Paperless Signup – Certain insurance companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Ford may enable drivers to earn discounted insurancerates on garaged vehicles.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for driver training, bundle, good student, anti-theft, and vehicle fuel type.
- American Family includes discounts for defensive driver, accident-free, TimeAway discount, good driver, and air bags.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, and online signing.
- Travelers may have discounts that include driver training, save driver, hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-car, multi-policy, home ownership, and IntelliDrive.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for teen driver, electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, pay in full, and multi-car.
- USAA discounts include loyalty savings, new vehicle, multi-policy, annual mileage, good student, family discount, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for new graduate, new move discount, exclusive group savings, multi-car, and good student.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not apply in your area. To choose companies who offer insurance discounts, click here.
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Ford Edge insurance price factors
Many things are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although some other factors are less apparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that aid in calculating your premiums. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you better car insurance rates.
The factors shown below are a few of the “ingredients” car insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Cheaper prices with safer cars – Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less and lower rates for you.
- Where you reside can affect premiums – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers in populated areas tend to have much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. More time on the road translates into higher accident risk.
- Poor credit decisions can cost you – Having a bad credit rating will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit scores. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your 2016 Ford Edge if you improve your credit rating.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you – Insurance companies have many extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Better drivers pay less – Drivers with clean records get better prices as compared to those with violations. Only having one driving citation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers with serious tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive.
- Never allow your car insurance policy to lapse – Allowing your coverage to lapse can be a fast way to bump up your car insurance costs. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Auto insurance policy specifics
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses such as surgery, prosthetic devices, EMT expenses, nursing services and doctor visits. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hitting a bird. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Ford Edge.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Normally these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Auto liability insurance
This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. It protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for things like bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects, court costs and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as rolling your car, crashing into a building and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Be Smart and Buy Smart
Cheaper 2016 Ford Edge insurance can be sourced online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote insurance coverage with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these smaller providers work with independent agents.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund and even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When searching for inexpensive insurance coverage quotes, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
More tips and info about insurance can be found at these sites:
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area