Cheapest 2006 Mazda RX-8 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower insurance coverage rates for your Mazda RX-8? Have you fallen victim to overpriced insurance coverage? Trust us when we tell you you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse.
Big-name insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance continually hit you with ad campaigns and it is difficult to see past the corporate glitz and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It’s important to get comparison quotes every six months because insurance rates go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the best price for RX-8 coverage six months ago there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance coverage because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the quickest ways to buy cheaper insurance coverage.
If you have car insurance now, you should be able to save some money using this information. Buying car insurance is quite easy. But consumers must comprehend how insurance companies sell insurance online.
How to Lower Your Auto Insurance Cost
All the larger auto insurance companies give price estimates on the web. Obtaining pricing doesn’t take a lot of time as you just enter the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. Behind the scenes, their rating system makes automated requests for your credit score and driving record and quotes a price based on these and other factors. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the time it takes to visit different websites and enter the same data into a form is repetitive and time-consuming. But it’s absolutely necessary to do this in order to find better prices.
A less time-consuming method to lower your auto insurance bill requires only one form that analyzes rates from multiple companies. It’s a real time-saver, eliminates form submissions, and makes price shopping online a lot less work. Immediately after submitting the form, it gets priced and you can choose your choice of the returned quotes. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, it’s easy to complete the application and buy the policy. It can be completed in a matter of minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
To find out if lower rates are available, click here to open in new window and submit your coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have an apples-to-apples comparison based on similar coverages.
How to save on Mazda RX-8 insurance
Companies don’t always publicize all available discounts very well, so here is a list both the well known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for better insurance rates for RX-8 coverage.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
For a list of companies who offer insurance discounts, click here to view.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions may help you determine if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Should I rate my 2006 Mazda RX-8 as pleasure use or commute?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Why your Mazda RX-8 insurance rates may be high
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that play a part in calculating your insurance coverage rates. Knowing what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to big savings.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into prices.
- Increase deductibles and save – Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. The more expense you have to pay, the lower your rates will be for RX-8 coverage.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If your Mazda scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Too many insurance coverage claims drive up costs – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies award lower rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Car insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Owning a car with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent car theft.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Occupations like doctors, architects and accountants tend to pay higher rates than average attributed to high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, jobs such as actors, athletes and the unemployed have the lowest average rates for RX-8 coverage.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Most companies will award you with lower prices to policyholders who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still be able to find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – Your credit score is a huge factor in calculating your insurance coverage rates. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower credit scores. If your credit score is low, you could pay less to insure your 2006 Mazda RX-8 by improving your credit score.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Allowing your insurance coverage policy to lapse will be a fast way to bump up your insurance coverage costs. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage will get you a license revocation or jail time.
Parts of your insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Auto liability insurance
This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as medical expenses, repair costs for stationary objects, medical services and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like fire damage, hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane and theft. The most your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses like funeral costs, surgery, pain medications and nursing services. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter, sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with a tree and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Smart shoppers get results
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Affordable 2006 Mazda RX-8 insurance is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
More detailed car insurance information can be read in the articles below:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area