Cheapest 2004 Mazda RX-8 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 23, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better auto insurance rates for your Mazda RX-8? Searching for cheap auto insurance on the internet may be rather challenging for consumers new to buying insurance online. With dozens of insurers to choose from, how can anyone even start to compare them all to find the lowest price?
Consumers need to shop coverage around once or twice a year because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the best deal for RX-8 coverage on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding auto insurance online, so we’re going to give you some of the best ways to stop overpaying for insurance.
The fastest way that we advise to get rate comparisons is to know the trick car insurance companies provide online access to give free rates quotes. All consumers are required to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including if you are currently licensed, types of safety features, daily mileage, and if you’re married. That rating data is instantly provided to multiple companies and they provide comparison quotes very quickly.
Do you really save 40% when you switch?
State Farm, GEICO and Progressive continually stream ads on TV and radio. All the companies say the same thing of big savings after switching to them. How can each company make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that makes them money. For instance, a desirable insured could be a mature driver, has no driving citations, and drives newer vehicles. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who don’t measure up to the requirements will be charged higher rates which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ad wording is “people who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That’s why insurance companies can make the claims of big savings.
That is why you absolutely need to get as many comparisons as possible. You cannot predict which insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
Mazda RX-8 rates influenced by many factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower insurance coverage prices.
The list below includes some of the items used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies generally give discounts to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Liability insurance provides coverage if ever a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If the Mazda RX-8 is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs such as judges, executives and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates due to job stress and lengthy work days. Other professions such as farmers, historians and performers pay the least for RX-8 coverage.
- Never go without insurance – Driving without insurance is a misdemeanor and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse. And not only will your rates increase, but not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time.You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state motor vehicle department.
- Increase deductibles and save – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your Mazda. Some instances where coverage would apply would be collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your insurance coverage will be for RX-8 coverage.
- One company can mean more discounts – The majority of insurance companies provide better rates to people who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
These discounts can lower your rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Most are applied at the time of purchase, but a few must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in high school.
- Student in College – Children who are attending college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home can help you save on car insurance because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Accident Waiver – A few companies permit an accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount for RX-8 coverage with certain companies.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will bring down your premiums.
Car insurance companies that may offer these discounts include:
Before buying, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not apply in every state.
Different people need different coverages
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Auto insurance coverage specifics
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Liability car insurance – This will cover damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things like loss of income, court costs, medical services, medical expenses and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision coverages – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your RX-8 from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as colliding with a tree, crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive auto insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as fire damage, hitting a deer, theft, a broken windshield and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for medical expenses – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills for things like nursing services, rehabilitation expenses and X-ray expenses. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Never pay more for less
Budget-conscious 2004 Mazda RX-8 insurance can be found from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, policy cancellation, poor customer service and lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We just showed you many ideas to reduce insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Additional car insurance information is available on the following sites:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area