Cheapest 2006 Hyundai Tucson Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 2, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower car insurance rates for your Hyundai Tucson? Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy high-priced car insurance? Trust us when we tell you there are a lot of people just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy.
Companies like Allstate, Progressive and GEICO all claim big savings, bombarding you with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Consumers should take time to price shop coverage every six months because rates change frequently. Even if you think you had the best deal on Tucson insurance a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the best methods to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
How to Get Cheap Insurance
There are multiple methods to shop for 2006 Hyundai Tucson insurance, but some are less time-consuming than others. You can waste a few hours (or days) discussing policy coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you can stay home and use the internet to achieve your goal.
Many of the larger companies are enrolled in a marketplace that enables customers to enter their coverage request one time, and at least one company can provide price quotes based on that data. This saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for.
To submit your quote information now, click here to open in new window.
It’s up to you which method you use, but compare identical coverage information on every quote. If you use different values for each quote it will be impossible to determine which rate is truly the best. Slightly different coverage limits can make a big difference in price. Just keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps you find the best offered rates.
Don’t miss these discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the more common and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a qualifying organization may earn a discount when shopping for insurance coverage on Tucson insurance.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less on Tucson insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
A partial list of companies that may have these money-saving discounts are:
- 21st Century
- State Farm
- The Hartford
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not be available in your state.
When might I need help?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions might point out if you could use an agent’s help.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
Elements that influence Hyundai Tucson insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. Knowing what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower insurance prices.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your rates.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse will be a fast way to increase your insurance rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time.Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state DMV.
- Mature drivers pay less – More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations. Youthful drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily when driving and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – Your credit rating is a important factor in determining what you pay for insurance. People with good credit tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your 2006 Hyundai Tucson by improving your rating.
- How many coverages with the same company – The majority of companies will give a discount to people who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may find better rates by buying insurance from a different company.
- Marriage pays dividends – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on insurance. Having a spouse usually means you are more responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Insurance policy coverages for a Hyundai Tucson
Learning about specific coverages of insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
This pays for damage to your Tucson caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things such as driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail, rolling your car and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane, falling objects, hitting a deer and hitting a bird. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses for things like pain medications, hospital visits and funeral costs. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as funeral expenses, repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage, medical services and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
More quotes mean more savings
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to lower your 2006 Hyundai Tucson insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. These companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Affordable insurance can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area