Cheapest 2008 Hyundai Tucson Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 2, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Feel like you’re a prisoner to an overpriced insurance coverage policy? Trust us, there are lots of people in the same boat.
Drivers have multiple auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and even though it’s nice to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to locate the cheapest rates.
Save with discounts on Hyundai Tucson insurance
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but some must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Memberships – Affiliation with certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates when buying insurance coverage for Tucson coverage.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for Tucson coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance coverage policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your premiums.
A partial list of companies that may offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
- State Farm
- Farm Bureau
Double check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply in your area.
How to Get Cheap Car Insurance
There are several ways to shop for Hyundai Tucson car insurance, but one way is easier and takes less work. You could waste time discussing policy coverages with agents in your area, or you can utilize online quoting to get the quickest rates.
Most major companies participate in a marketplace that enables customers to only type in their quote data once, and each company returns a rated price for coverage. This prevents consumers from doing quote requests for each company you want a rate for. To participate in this free quote system, click here to open in new window.
The only drawback to doing it this way is buyers cannot specifically choose the companies to receive prices from.
Whichever method you choose, compare the exact same coverage limits on every quote you get. If your comparisons have unequal deductibles or liability limits then you won’t be able to make a fair comparison for your Hyundai Tucson. Slightly different coverage limits can make a big difference in price. It’s important to know that comparing more company’s prices helps locate the best price.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- What if I total my 2008 Hyundai Tucson and owe more than it’s worth?
- Is my 2008 Hyundai Tucson covered for smoke damage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent.
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage covers damage to your Tucson caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical costs insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses like hospital visits, rehabilitation expenses, chiropractic care, nursing services and surgery. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass, falling objects, a broken windshield and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability coverages – Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property. It protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims like legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
UM/UIM Coverage – This coverage gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your 2008 Hyundai Tucson.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Shop. Compare. Save.
The cheapest 2008 Hyundai Tucson insurance is definitely available both online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to get a better price on insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
More detailed auto insurance information is available by following these links:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area