Cheap 2017 Hyundai Tucson Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 3, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower auto insurance rates for your Hyundai Tucson? Wish you could get out of high-priced auto insurance? You’re in good company because you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse. Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every company to find the lowest rate
Eight tips to get cheaper insurance premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help calculate auto insurance rates. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to big savings. Many factors are considered when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although others are less obvious such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
- Drive less and save – The higher the mileage driven annually the higher your rates will be. Most companies apply a rate based upon how much you drive. Cars that sit idle most of the time get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy states the correct usage, because it can save money. Having the wrong rating on your Tucson may be wasting your money.
- Credit rating impacts premiums – Your credit score factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit rating is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2017 Hyundai Tucson by improving your rating. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have worse credit.
- Insurance claims cost money – Insurance companies award lower rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to higher rates. Auto insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Gender and car insurance – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean females are better at driving than males. Females and males are responsible for at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Male drivers age 16 to 19 generally have the highest accident percentage so they pay the highest premiums.
- Choose high safety ratings and save – Safe vehicles cost less to insure. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into savings for insurance companies which can mean better rates for you. If your Hyundai Tucson has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- Deductibles are a factor – Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, damage caused by hail, and having a roll-over accident. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your company will charge you for insurance for Tucson insurance.
- Bundle policies and save – Most major insurers will award discounts to clients who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Marriage discount – Your spouse actually saves money when buying auto insurance. Having a spouse may mean you are more financially stable and statistics show married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
How to buy auto insurance
Finding a lower price on 2017 Hyundai Tucson insurance is actually easier than you may think. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes comparing rate quotes provided by online insurance companies. Rate comparisons can be done using a couple different methods.
- Probably the best way consumers can analyze rates would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This quick form eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions for each company. One form submission compares rates direct from many companies.
- A different way to analyze rates requires visiting the website for each individual company and complete a new quote form. For example, we’ll assume you need rates from Allstate, Esurance and Liberty Mutual. To get each rate you have to go to every website to input your insurance information, which can take a lot of time. For a list of companies in your area, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but compare equivalent coverage information with each company. If you enter different liability limits it will be impossible to truly determine the lowest rate.
Insurance rates and discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some of these disounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but occassionally some discounts must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable their insurance company to look at their driving habits remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- Good Grades Discount – This discount can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Organization Discounts – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount when getting a insurance coverage quote.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Early Signing – A few companies allow discounts for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
For a list of providers that offer multiple discounts, click here.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverages available from auto insurance companies.
This coverage covers damage to your Tucson from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like driving through your garage door, colliding with another moving vehicle and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things such as medical services, medical expenses, legal defense fees and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your 2017 Hyundai Tucson.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as rock chips in glass, fire damage, theft and hitting a deer. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills for dental work, funeral costs, EMT expenses and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
We just showed you a lot of information how to lower your 2017 Hyundai Tucson insurance premium rates. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest insurance coverage. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. These companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
When shopping online for insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More tips and info about insurance coverage can be read in the articles below:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area