Cheapest 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower auto insurance rates for your Mercury Grand Marquis? Have you fallen victim to overpriced auto insurance? Believe me when I say many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out. Lots of insurance companies contend to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the definite lowest rate possible.
If you have a current insurance coverage policy or are just looking to switch companies, you can learn to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. Finding affordable coverage is not rocket science. Drivers just need to know how to compare prices on the web.
Save on 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis insurance
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the more common and the more hidden insurance savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for better insurance rates for Grand Marquis insurance.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization may earn a discount when shopping for insurance for Grand Marquis insurance.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less for Grand Marquis insurance than drivers with accidents.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of companies offering insurance discounts, follow this link.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Rates
Finding cheaper 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis auto insurance prices can be quick and easy. The only thing you need to do is spend a little time to get quotes from different insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The fastest way to get the best comparison quotes is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This easy form keeps you from doing repetitive form entry to each individual auto insurance company. Filling out one form will get you rate comparisons from multiple low-cost companies.
- A more time consuming way to compare prices consists of visiting the website for each individual company to complete their respective quote request forms. For instance, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from Nationwide, Allstate and State Farm. To find out each rate you need to visit each site and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The least efficient way to compare rates is to waste gas driving to different agent offices. Buying insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you require the professional advice that only a license agent can provide. Drivers can obtain prices from the web but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll touch on that later.
Which method you use is up to you, but make darn sure you compare apples-to-apples coverage information for every quote you compare. If you have different values for each quote it will be impossible to decipher which rate is best.
Complexity of Mercury Grand Marquis insurance rates
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get big savings.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Letting your insurance expire is a fast way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.You may then be required to file a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If your Mercury Grand Marquis is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Older drivers pay less – Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets. Teenage drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily in a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your Mercury from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be for Grand Marquis insurance.
- Where you live is a factor – Being located in a small town has it’s advantages when talking about insurance. Drivers in populated areas regularly have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Most insurers will give a discount to insureds who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to compare rates to ensure the best deal. You may still be able to find a better deal by buying insurance from a different company.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if ever a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Special features that cut premiums – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions could help you determine if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Insurance coverage breakdown
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can help you determine the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses like X-ray expenses, chiropractic care, hospital visits and EMT expenses. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like fire damage, hail damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from flooding. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Mercury Grand Marquis.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Collision coverage protection
This pays for damage to your Grand Marquis resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like driving through your garage door, crashing into a ditch and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 which stand for a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as funeral expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
More effort can pay off
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Discount 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis insurance can be purchased online and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can lower your insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may discover the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
More detailed car insurance information can be read by following these links:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area