Cheapest 2004 Land Rover Range Rover Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Drivers have a choice when trying to find affordable Land Rover Range Rover insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents to compare prices or use the internet to compare rates. There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance coverage and you need to know the quickest way to get price quotes on a Land Rover and find the lowest price either online or from local insurance agents.
Elements that influence Land Rover Range Rover insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that help determine insurance coverage rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower insurance coverage prices.
The following are some of the factors companies use to determine prices.
- More people means more accidents – Living in less populated areas can be a good thing when talking about insurance coverage. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even a single moving violation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers with clean records get better rates than bad drivers. Drivers who get serious violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Did you know your insurance coverage rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations such as lawyers, social workers and dentists tend to pay the highest average rates attributed to high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. Other occupations such as farmers, historians and homemakers have the lowest average rates for Range Rover coverage.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – Teen drivers are statistically proven to be more careless behind the wheel so insurance coverage rates are higher. Adding a youthful driver onto a policy can break the bank. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. These vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If your Land Rover Range Rover scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- How credit affects insurance coverage rates – Credit history is a huge factor in determining what you pay for insurance coverage. So if your credit score is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your 2004 Land Rover Range Rover by repairing your credit. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower credit scores.
How to Buy Insurance Online
Most major insurance companies give price estimates directly from their websites. Getting online rates is fairly simple as you simply enter the amount of coverage you want into a form. Upon sending the form, the company’s rating system requests credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information determined by many factors.
This makes comparing rates easy, but having to visit several different sites and fill out multiple forms is not the best way to spend an afternoon. But it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to find lower prices.
A quicker way to get multiple rate quotes is to use a quote form to return rates from several companies at one time. This type of form saves time, requires less work, and makes price shopping online much more efficient. Immediately after you send the form, it is rated and you can select any one of the quotes that you receive. If the quotes result in lower rates, you can click and sign and purchase the new policy. The whole process just takes a couple of minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
To find out if lower rates are available, click here to open in new window and submit your coverage information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you duplicate the limits and deductibles just like they are on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will get rate quotes for the exact same coverage.
Save big with these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every available discount very clearly, so we break down some of the more common as well as the least known auto insurance savings. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy on their website.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may qualify for a discount up to 10% for Range Rover coverage.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a qualifying organization could trigger savings on auto insurance for Range Rover coverage.
- Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more for Range Rover coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Accident Waiver – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Car insurance companies that may have these money-saving discounts include:
Double check with each company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not be available in every state.
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When it comes to buying coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Parts of your car insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Land Rover Range Rover.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive car insurance
This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as rock chips in glass, hitting a deer and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses for things like surgery, dental work and doctor visits. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. It protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims like emergency aid, medical services, structural damage, attorney fees and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible.
Auto collision coverage
This covers damage to your Range Rover resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle, colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Feed the piggy bank
We’ve covered a lot of information how to save on 2004 Land Rover Range Rover insurance. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, poor customer service, policy non-renewal or even denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
When you buy insurance online, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional detailed information can be found in these articles:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area