Cheapest 2003 Saturn VUE Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 19, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Having to pay for overpriced Saturn VUE insurance can drain your checking account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Doing a price comparison is a smart way to slash your bill and have more diposable income. Lots of car insurance companies contend for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company to get the best price available.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, buy you may qualify for discounts to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive reduced rates on VUE coverage.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut your premiums.
Car insurance companies who might offer these benefits are:
- State Farm
- 21st Century
Check with every prospective company how you can save money. Discounts might not apply in your area.
Saturn VUE insurance rates are influenced by…
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that go into determining your auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in big savings.
- More people means more accidents – Being located in a small town is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Lower population means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage when you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Pay less after the wedding – Being married can actually save you money on your policy. Having a significant other means you’re more responsible and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are many extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Insurance for roadside assistance, accidental death and additional equipment coverage are some examples. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men are in accidents at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage. They also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions may help you determine if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance specifics
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the normal coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your VUE resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like fire damage, theft, damage from flooding and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses for things like rehabilitation expenses, X-ray expenses, chiropractic care, pain medications and dental work. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Saturn VUE.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things like court costs, funeral expenses, bail bonds, pain and suffering and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Online plus local equals savings
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate.
We just presented a lot of information how to get a better price on 2003 Saturn VUE insurance. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company. These companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Additional learning opportunities
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area