Cheapest 2003 Pontiac Montana Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 14, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower car insurance rates for your Pontiac Montana? Perplexed by the sheer number of car insurance companies? Many other consumers are too. Consumers have so many choices that it can easily become a big hassle to find the lowest price.
Don’t overlook these discounts
Companies do not list every available discount very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the best known as well as the least known car insurance savings.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more for Montana insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home may trigger a car insurance policy discount because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A partial list of companies who might offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts may not be available in every state.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
When shopping for auto insurance there are multiple ways of comparing rates and find the best price. One of the best ways to find the lowest 2003 Pontiac Montana rates is to use the internet to compare rates. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The single most time-saving way to find low rates is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This form saves time by eliminating multiple quote forms for each company you want a rate for. In just a few minutes this one form will return price quotes from several companies. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A less efficient way to shop for auto insurance online consists of visiting the website for every company you want to comare and complete a new quote form. For example, let’s say you want to compare rates from State Farm, Progressive and Allstate. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
However you get your quotes, make absolute certain that you use identical deductibles and coverage limits with every price quote. If you enter different values for each quote it will be impossible to determine which rate is truly the best. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages could mean much higher rates. And when price shopping your coverage, comparing more company’s prices will enable you to find the best price.
Pontiac Montana rates influenced by many factors
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that come into play when calculating your insurance coverage rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Pleasure use or commuting – Driving more miles each year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An improperly rated Montana may be costing you. Double check that your insurance coverage coverage properly reflects the proper vehicle usage.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are quite a few extra coverages that can waste your money on your Montana policy. Things like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. They may seem good at first, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- Small claims can cost you – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Auto insurance companies generally give lower rates to people who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- No coverage gaps is important – Allowing your insurance coverage policy to lapse is a fast way to increase your insurance coverage rates. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Is my situation unique?
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2003 Pontiac Montana?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2003 Pontiac Montana?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Insurance coverage companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm consistently run ads on TV and radio. They all seem to have a common claim of big savings if you change to their company. How can each company make almost identical claims?
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that makes them money. A good example of a profitable customer could be between 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A driver who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who do not match the requirements will be quoted a higher premium which leads to business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. This is how companies can advertise the way they do. This emphasizes why you need to get quotes from several different companies. You cannot predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings on Pontiac Montana insurance.
Auto insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision – This coverage covers damage to your Montana from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle, rolling your car and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird and rock chips in glass. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability auto insurance – This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as medical expenses, bail bonds, funeral expenses, attorney fees and court costs. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Pontiac Montana.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses for doctor visits, EMT expenses, pain medications and nursing services. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Smart shoppers get results
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper 2003 Pontiac Montana insurance is possible both online as well as from independent agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
You just learned a lot of ways to reduce insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area