Cheapest 2001 Pontiac Montana Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Having to pay for overpriced insurance coverage can overdraw your savings account and make it hard to pay other bills. Doing a price comparison is free and is an excellent way to slash your bill and have more diposable income. There are many insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, it makes it harder to get the best deal.
Automobile Insurance Quotes
Performing a rate comparison can be a lot of work if you don’t know the fastest way to get free quotes. You can waste a few hours (or days) driving to insurance companies in your area, or you can stay home and use online quoting for quick rates.
Most of the larger companies participate in an industry program where insurance shoppers send in one quote, and every company then gives them pricing based on the submitted data. This prevents consumers from doing quote requests for each company you want a rate for. To enter your information into the quoting system, click here to start a free quote.
One minor caviat to doing it this way is you can’t choose the companies to get quotes from. If you wish to select from a list of companies for rate comparison, we have a page of low cost auto insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
Whichever method you choose, make sure you use apples-to-apples coverages and limits for every quote you compare. If your comparisons have differing limits it’s impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Pontiac Montana.
These discounts can lower your rates
Companies don’t always advertise every available discount very well, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off for Montana coverage with certain companies.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house can help you save on car insurance because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Insurance companies that may offer some of the above discounts include:
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Discounts might not be offered in your area.
Different people need different coverages
When buying coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions might point out if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2001 Pontiac Montana to commute?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- What if I total my 2001 Pontiac Montana and owe more than it’s worth?
- Is my 2001 Pontiac Montana covered for flood damage?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Information about specific coverages
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Comprehensive car insurance
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like falling objects, rock chips in glass, damage from getting keyed, vandalism and hail damage. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Montana resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as damaging your car on a curb, hitting a mailbox and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects, medical services and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible.
Coverage for medical expenses
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses for X-ray expenses, nursing services and dental work. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area