Cheapest 2003 Mitsubishi Montero Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 15, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper insurance rates for your Mitsubishi Montero? Nobody I know looks forward to buying insurance, especially when they are paying too much.
Multiple insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every provider and get the best coverage at the lowest price
Consumers need to do rate comparisons periodically since rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the best price on Montero coverage a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to learn the tricks you need to know to find better coverage at a better price.
If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using this information. Buying car insurance is quite easy. Although drivers must know how insurance companies determine prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Rates
There are several ways of comparing price quotes from different insurance companies. The easiest way by far to find competitive 2003 Mitsubishi Montero insurance rates consists of shopping online. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The recommended way to find the lowest comparison rates is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This easy form keeps you from doing separate quote forms for each company you want a rate for. A single, simple form gets you price quotes from multiple low-cost companies.
- A more difficult way to compare prices is to take the time to go to each company website and request a quote. For examples sake, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from GEICO, Safeco and Progressive. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, which is why most consumers use the first method.For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make absolute certain that you use identical deductibles and coverage limits with every price quote. If you use mixed coverages you can’t possibly make an equal comparison. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits may result in large price differences. Just keep in mind that getting more free quotes helps you find lower pricing.
Lesser-known factors impacting Mitsubishi Montero insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help determine the price you pay for insurance. Knowing what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better insurance rates.
The following are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine prices.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Some insurers provide better rates to people who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Safer cars reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If your Mitsubishi earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Special features that cut premiums – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft prevention features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent auto theft.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Careers like lawyers, executives and stock brokers tend to pay the highest rates due to high stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, professions such as farmers, students and the unemployed have the lowest average rates on Montero coverage.
- Where you live is a factor – Residing in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents. City drivers regularly have more traffic problems and longer commute times. Higher commute times can result in more accidents.
Discounts can save BIG
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every available discount very clearly, so we break down both the well known and the harder-to-find insurance savings.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break simply for signing on their website.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Accident Waiver – Some insurance companies allow you one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less on Montero coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts are:
- State Farm
- American Family
- 21st Century
Double check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not be available everywhere.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions might help in determining if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area.
Insurance coverage basics
Having a good grasp of insurance can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
Liability insurance – Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like attorney fees, medical services and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Collision – This will pay to fix damage to your Montero caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car, scraping a guard rail and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This coverage gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like vandalism, damage from flooding, fire damage, theft and falling objects. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses such as nursing services, X-ray expenses and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Smart consumers save more
We just covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on 2003 Mitsubishi Montero insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest rates come from a small mutual company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When you buy insurance online, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped full coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area