Cheapest 1990 Mitsubishi Montero Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your Mitsubishi Montero? Tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay your car insurance bill each month? You are in the same boat as many other consumers. Insurance companies such as State Farm and GEICO constantly blast consumers with ads and it can be hard to see past the corporate glitz and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Comparison of Insurance Coverage
There are several ways to shop for Mitsubishi Montero insurance coverage, but there is one way that is less time-consuming than others. You can waste hours driving to agents in your area, or you could use online quotes to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Many of the larger companies participate in an industry program that allows shoppers to submit one quote, and every company can give them a price for coverage. This saves time by eliminating quotation requests for each company.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now click to open in new window.
The one downside to using this type of form is you can’t choose the providers you want to price. If you wish to select individual companies to compare rates, we have a page of insurance coverage companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just double check that you are using identical deductibles and coverage limits with every price quote. If you compare different limits and deductibles on each one you will not be able to determine which rate is truly the best.
How much can you save with discounts?
Car insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be asked for before they will apply. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Student in College – Kids in college who attend school more than 100 miles from home and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Memberships – Participating in certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on insurance on Montero coverage.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will cut the amount you have to pay.
A partial list of companies that may have these discounts are:
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your state.
Mitsubishi Montero insurance rates are influenced by…
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Knowing what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower insurance coverage prices.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces that factor into your rates.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Older insureds are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel. Teen drivers are known to be more careless when behind the wheel therefore insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Small claims can cost you – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies provide cheaper rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Some insurers will award you with lower prices to insureds who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price when buying insurance coverage. Having a spouse translates into being more mature and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How much car insurance do I need?
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- If my 1990 Mitsubishi Montero is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Insurance coverage basics
Having a good grasp of insurance helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverage types found on most insurance policies.
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things like loss of income, structural damage, bail bonds, legal defense fees and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford.
This will pay to fix damage to your Montero resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like crashing into a ditch, hitting a mailbox, damaging your car on a curb, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills like hospital visits, funeral costs and EMT expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield and hitting a deer. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your 1990 Mitsubishi Montero.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Buy online or local, you save
Cost effective 1990 Mitsubishi Montero insurance is possible online and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed full coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area