Cheapest 2003 Jeep Wrangler Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Purchasing the cheapest car insurance over the internet can be rather challenging for beginners to comparing rates online. Since there are so many insurance companies available, how can consumers effectively compare the different rates to find the cheapest available price?
How to Compare Insurance Coverage Quotes
There are several ways of comparing rate quotes from local insurance coverage companies. The fastest way to find the cheapest 2003 Jeep Wrangler insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
- The easiest and least time consuming way consumers can make multiple comparisons is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This form saves time by eliminating separate quote forms to each individual insurance coverage company. One simple form gets you price quotes from several companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A more difficult way to obtain and compare quotes online requires you to visit each company’s website and request a quote. For example, let’s say you want rates from Progressive, Allstate and Farmers. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The least recommended way of getting rate comparisons is to drive around to insurance agents’ offices. Buying insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the personal advice that only a license agent can provide. You can, however, compare the best prices online but still have the advice of a local agent. We’ll cover that shortly.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just compare exactly the same coverages for each price quote. If you are comparing mixed coverages it will be very difficult to determine the lowest rate for your Jeep Wrangler. Just a small difference in coverages may result in large price differences. Just keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes will enable you to find lower pricing.
Do you qualify for discounts?
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but some must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Jeep can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings of 20% or more.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization could trigger savings when shopping for insurance on Wrangler coverage.
- Sign Online – A few companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy online.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Wrangler coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% on Wrangler coverage with certain companies.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will cut the cost of coverage.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts are:
- 21st Century
- State Farm
- The Hartford
Before buying, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply everywhere.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Why your Jeep Wrangler might be costing you more
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Understanding what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower insurance coverage prices.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Careers like real estate brokers, business owners and stock brokers have the highest rates in part from stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, jobs such as scientists, students and retirees get better rates on Wrangler coverage.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are many extra bells and whistles that you can buy on your Wrangler policy. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, towing coverage and term life insurance may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Being married helps lower the price on insurance coverage. Having a spouse translates into being more responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Poor driving leads to higher costs – Your driving citation history has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Just one ticket can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have flagrant citations such as DUI or reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most companies will give a discount to customers who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When buying the best auto insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Buyer beware of insurance coverage advertising tricks
Companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive consistently run ads on television and other media. All the ads make an identical promise of big savings if you change your policy. How do they all say the same thing? This is how they do it.
All the different companies can use profiling for the type of customer they prefer to insure. For instance, a preferred risk could be between 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who do not match the “perfect” profile must pay higher premiums and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
This illustrates why drivers should get quotes from several different companies. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance coverage company will have the lowest Jeep Wrangler insurance rates.
Auto insurance policy coverages for a Jeep Wrangler
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Liability auto insurance
This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things such as medical expenses, medical services and funeral expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft, fire damage and a broken windshield. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Jeep Wrangler.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses like ambulance fees, surgery, nursing services and EMT expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Wrangler from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a ditch, rolling your car and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Smart consumers save more
Cost effective 2003 Jeep Wrangler insurance can be sourced on the web as well as from independent agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions or questionable increases in premium. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is not as hard as you think.
We just showed you a lot of ways to lower your insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best prices are with a small local company.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read by following these links:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area