Cheapest 2005 Jeep Wrangler Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 2, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower insurance coverage rates for your Jeep Wrangler? Searching for low-cost insurance for a new or used Jeep Wrangler can normally be a lot of work, but you can use these tips to save time. There is a better way to shop for insurance coverage so we’re going to tell you the proper way to compare rates for a Jeep and locate the lowest possible price from local insurance agents and online providers.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Costs
Lowering your 2005 Jeep Wrangler auto insurance rates can be quick and easy. Consumers just need to invest a little time to get quotes from different insurance companies. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The first (and easiest) way consumers can make multiple comparisons would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This form keeps you from doing separate quotation requests to each individual auto insurance company. Taking the time to complete one form will get you price quotes from multiple companies. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- A more difficult way to find lower rates is going to each individual company website and complete a new quote form. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from GEICO, 21st Century and American Family. You would have to visit each site and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method.For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just double check that you are using the exact same coverages for each price quote. If you enter mixed coverages then you won’t be able to determine the lowest rate for your Jeep Wrangler.
Best discounts on Jeep Wrangler coverage
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list every discount very well, so the following is a list of both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- E-sign – A few companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing digitally online.
- Distant Student – Kids in college who are attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on Wrangler insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for switching to them before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in school.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
A partial list of companies that may have these discounts are:
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
Before buying, ask each company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply everywhere.
Why your Jeep Wrangler insurance rates may be high
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Knowing what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower insurance coverage prices.
- Being married can save on insurance coverage – Having a spouse actually saves money when buying insurance coverage. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are many add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Coverages like personal injury protection, accidental death and term life insurance may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea at first, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
- More claims means more premium – Insurance companies generally give better rates to people who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Liability coverage is the protection when you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether or not you may require specific advice.
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2005 Jeep Wrangler?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Don’t be fooled by advertising claims
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for the lowest price auto insurance by State Farm and Allstate. They all make the same claim that you’ll save big if you change to their company.
But how can every company make the same claim?
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that makes them money. For instance, a driver they prefer could be between the ages of 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and has a high credit rating. A customer who fits that profile will get very good rates and most likely will cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who don’t measure up to these standards will be quoted a higher premium and ends up with the customer not buying. The ads say “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That is how companies can make the claims of big savings. This emphasizes why you absolutely need to get as many comparisons as possible. It is impossible to predict which car insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
Parts of your insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Liability car insurance – Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as legal defense fees, structural damage, loss of income and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Wrangler resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as hitting a parking meter, backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive protection – This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding, damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird and falling objects. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Jeep Wrangler.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Medical expense coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for X-ray expenses, hospital visits and dental work. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
More quotes mean more savings
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices, poor customer service and even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is less work than it seems.
Cheap 2005 Jeep Wrangler insurance is available online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Much more information about auto insurance can be found at the links below
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area