Cheap 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 3, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Car insurance shopping is not a process drivers enjoy, but your state requires it when you drive.
If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using these techniques. The purpose of this post is to tell you how to get online quotes. Although vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of how insurance companies sell online.
Why you might be paying too much to insure your Jeep Grand Cherokee
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that play a part in calculating insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better insurance rates.
Shown below are some of the items that factor into prices.
- What are your deductibles? – The deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay before your insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be on Grand Cherokee insurance.
- Too many insurance claims drive up costs – Car insurance companies give cheaper rates to people who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart auto theft.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If your Jeep is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
How to save on 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts that you may not know about. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- E-sign – A few companies will give a small break for buying your policy on their website.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% off your medical payments premium.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions might point out if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Does my 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee qualify for pleasure use?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Having a good grasp of car insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as vandalism, hitting a bird and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Grand Cherokee resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims like court costs, loss of income and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses for prosthetic devices, nursing services, chiropractic care, pain medications and ambulance fees. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund or even questionable increases in premium. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Cost effective 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
We just covered some good ideas how you can shop for insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best price on insurance coverage is with an unexpected company.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area