Cheapest 2003 Dodge Van Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 12, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper insurance rates for your Dodge Caravan? Nobody I know looks forward to paying for insurance, in particular when their premiums are through the roof. Drivers have so many insurers to pick from, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, so many choices can make it hard to locate the cheapest rates.
These discounts can lower your rates
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized and also the lesser-known ways to save on auto insurance. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off for Caravan insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for auto insurance for Caravan insurance.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get reduced rates for Caravan insurance.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because owning a home shows financial diligence.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
To see a list of insurers who offer auto insurance discounts, click here.
Automobile Insurance Quotes
Finding a lower price on 2003 Dodge Caravan insurance isn’t really that difficult. You just have to spend a little time comparing rates from different insurance companies. This can be done in several different ways.
- One of the simplest ways consumers can make multiple comparisons would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This method saves time by eliminating separate quote forms for every auto insurance company. In just a few minutes this one form compares rates direct from many companies.
- A less efficient way to compare rate quotes is spending the time to visit each company website to complete a price quote. For instance, let’s assume you want rates from Liberty Mutual, Safeco and Travelers. To find out each rate you need to go to every website and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
- The least recommended way of getting rate comparisons is to spend your day driving to and from local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you require the professional guidance of a licensed agent. You can, however, obtain prices from the web but still have the advice of a local agent and you’ll learn how to do that later.
Whichever way you use, make absolute certain that you use apples-to-apples deductibles and coverage limits on every quote. If you use different deductibles you can’t possibly find the best deal for your Dodge Caravan.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Different people need different coverages
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Car insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of insurance can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays for damage to your Caravan resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things like hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a mailbox and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, fire damage and vandalism. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Liability coverage – Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as legal defense fees, attorney fees and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for short-term medical expenses such as chiropractic care, X-ray expenses, EMT expenses, dental work and surgery. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
At the end of the day…
Low-cost 2003 Dodge Caravan insurance can be sourced both online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some auto insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
You just read a lot of techniques to reduce insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When you buy insurance online, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Additional information can be read below:
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area